Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 21st April 2024  (Read 2222 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 21st April 2024
« on: Monday 15 April 24 08:35 BST (UK) »
Morning folks
Here we start a  new week,  how quickly the time is passing .

Refuse collection is going to be interesting  this week, seems most of us thought it was brown and green bins, I have just rushed out to see them emptying blue bins, will  be interesting also to see if the compost  brown bin is emptied, I haven't paid my £80  yet, seems most haven't,  I am just biding my time to be honest as there is a lot of discussion going on about it, no doubt we will have to pay,  it is not included in our rates and is only a fee for 6 months collection.  I think the cost of £80    is excessive.

Sun lurking about but it is decidedly chilly after a couple of nice days, even managed to put a few fuchsias out yesterday hoping they will  flourish.

Take care everyone

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 21st April 2024
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 April 24 09:07 BST (UK) »
Very strange weather again.  We had lots of rain and high winds overnight, but this morning it looks quite nice - we'll see what happens.

£80 seems a very high charge for your compost bin collections.  We pay £36 per year - collections every fortnight except for 3 times over December/January.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 April 24 09:57 BST (UK) »
Well BB
I really have  had a laugh, dustman came, looked at my bin and walked away, went 2 doors down and took their bin, appears I need a tag to prove I have paid,
the driver had a paper checking  off as he went, good try on my part but I will have to pay up , it is excessive,  no other choice, I keep my brown bin pristine, I dont  it full up to cause problems if we get a hot summer, so, I have to pay up and shut up

LM .

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 April 24 09:59 BST (UK) »
Oh, yes.  We have stickers for each year and have to attach them to the bin.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 April 24 10:27 BST (UK) »
April is the first significant milestone since Jane died. It is the 19th anniversary of our first visit to, and when we fell in love with Australia. The occasion was the wedding of our son Andrew to Celine.  No ordinary wedding for them in a church but a civil ceremony in a clearing in the eucalyptus forest of the Opeia Camp site in the Lorne Angahook State Park , Victoria. This was about 100km south west of Melbourne at the eastern end of the Great Ocean Road. I loved the name of the track which led to the camp site- Breakfast Creek Road.  Sadly I can find no mention of this site any longer in existence.
As befitting our son and new daughter-in-law, the mode of dress for the guests was somewhat unconventional- fancy dress in wahtever style took your fancy, but Mum and Dad stayed traditional!
I can recall the somewhat basic sleeping conditions- we had a cabin rather than a tent, and the music for the younger elements of the guests just played and played until about four in the morning! No problems with the sound for the "neighbours" as we were well distant from the nearest residential area- but it kept me awake just a few hundred yards from where they were performing!
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 April 24 16:41 BST (UK) »
It's all getting weirder here in England.  Today the weather started wet and windy, then calm and sunny, then we've just had a spell of strong winds and hailstones, and now brilliant sunshine.

AND tomorrow I'm having the second cataract removed - just hoping that all goes as well as the first removal a few weeks ago.  :-\  8)

AND - 16.49 we have hail again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, I'm getting a little sad, aren't I?  :-X
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 15 April 24 17:03 BST (UK) »
Mad  weather here today, rain, wind and I think we had hail stones ,   very strange after a nice few days, surely it can only get better

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 16 April 24 09:01 BST (UK) »
Glad you got to the Wedding Jeff, a happy and sad occasion too, I expect , missing loved ones.

Sunny here now but what a night!
Hailstones so loud !
Windy and cold albeit sunny.

Heart Clinic today ,lots to sort out no prescription as yet from Health Centre for my next drug which was to replace one I had to stop on Saturday.
All so befuddling .

Must pick up my watch ,new battery ,it had to go back to Accurist to be waterproofed again and I paid for that but found it’s guarantee etc I had paid up front for lifetime batteries , including re sealing.
So a refund I hope.

Son’s Birthday today, 65,he looks about 40 at most ,no wrinkles ,tall and very slender.
He bought himself what he wanted and I have paid ,a rack for a decommissioned very old rifle .
I also got him a vase,black and white Art Deco style ,he likes that and as it is of the  ( 1929) period when his - and my- house was built he is revealing some nice original details.
It will be years before he moves in at this rate!

My sister is 90 on the 20th, but won’t celebrate,she ignores birthdays .
I will send a plain card ,I have one  of those from the BBC programmes, Spring Watch ,of a glade in a wood carpeted with bluebells .No words!
Just saying hope she has a lovely day.

Well I have not had any notification of many posts,not sure what is wrong.
I do check and find them if I search others’ posts ,but they are not coming up in unread posts .
It will be something daft I have done .

My brown- garden and food waste need a good scrub out as the little bags we are given by The Council are very biodegradable!
Rot away quite quickly so I double bag, but it needs a good scrub out with a brush the builders left ,kept for that purpose only.
Next time it is emptied I will do it.

Cheerio, look after yourselves.

Viktoria.

original  details .

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 16 April 24 14:15 BST (UK) »
My surgery is very keen for me to get my Covid jab - I have had 2 text messages and an email from them over the past week!  Actually I booked my jab after receiving the first text, so I imagine something has gone wrong with their system up there. 

At one of the endless coffee (and cake, of course) mornings held in the village I learned that 4 of my acquaintances were in hospital for various reasons.  I'm afraid we're getting old and suffering age-related illnesses, but it's interesting that most of the societies supported by volunteers still rely on people in their late 70s or even 80s to serve on committees, host parties and so on.  I can understand that younger people are busy with their families and jobs, but where are the middle-aged ones to take over from us?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.