Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 21st April 2024  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Marianthompson47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 21st April 2024
« Reply #36 on: Friday 19 April 24 21:10 BST (UK) »
Well BB
I really have  had a laugh, dustman came, looked at my bin and walked away, went 2 doors down and took their bin, appears I need a tag to prove I have paid,
the driver had a paper checking  off as he went, good try on my part but I will have to pay up , it is excessive,  no other choice, I keep my brown bin pristine, I dont  it full up to cause problems if we get a hot summer, so, I have to pay up and shut up

LM .

Here in Hertfordshire, we pay £50 a year to get our garden waste emptied. The council send you a sticker with your number on it and a mention that you have paid. Thought it would be included in our council tax which is extortionate...like £180 a month for a bungalow....

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 19 April 24 22:04 BST (UK) »

I also have to cross the top of the stairs to get to the bathroom - so easy to fall down sideways! So landing - such as it is — needs to be clear.
LSo,etime later———
Raining hard now, what a surprise !

Well - Last of The Summer Wine on ,I love it.
Cheerio. Viktoria.
I also need a light at the bottom of the stairs, ,I descend into darkness and can’t differentiate between the last stair and the floor- same carpet on both so I slam down sometimes.
I usually count but I have a small light colour carpet sample on the floor so see that easily and no misjudgement.

Viktoria.

Ask your son to investigate LED strip lighting for your staircase.  There's different makes and types on the market such as "solar" powered,  or "lit by motion, or battery, etc.,

To give you an idea surf for "Safety Lighting for Staircase" and the usual A --- n website pops up together with other suppliers.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 19 April 24 22:10 BST (UK) »
DELETED as website duplicated my reponse
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 19 April 24 22:28 BST (UK) »
yes my sis has low level lights which come on when you walk past them ...useful at night ..dont know the other kind

i went to monthly book club this morning ,the theme was history and there was a good variety of books ,
i took the book my mum wrote in 2005 about the people + houses of her village + read an extract about evacuees .
also told some of the story using basic sign language to practice for talk in may for local brownie group

excuse lack of capitals im tying one handed .

happy st georges day for tomorrow
dont think i can attach textile festival photo unless i crop it
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 20 April 24 09:28 BST (UK) »
Oooer, and my  calendar  has 23 rd.as St. George’s Day.

My sister is 90 today,probably  still wearing jeans and a big  hair do, she still looked very good the last time I saw her which was pre Covid.
Since when she has lost her son but refuses to let it affect her life.
Everyone copes in their own way.

We are going on May 4 th —— Royal Command!
I am told it will be lovely —-
I have all the presents for the Christmases we have not been , 2019 was the last one so 20,21,22,23, all piled up. Books mostly .
She sends me the History magazine each month .
I feel I ought to phone her but she will say it is just another day and I will feel stupid for, phoning but it seems wrong to ignore it.
I did send a small handmade card,no words just mine saying “ Have a lovely Day .”

Well shopping to do so off with my trusty trolley before my son comes round to “help” - he us well meaning but it doesn’t work out like that ,I plan my journey and shopping to suit me and the buses etc.
I always have to rush when he takes me ,so I prefer to sneak out and take my time,have a chat etc.

We are all different.
Cheerio .hope you all have a nice weekend and those not well especially.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 20 April 24 10:17 BST (UK) »
Think I would prefer to "sneak out" I would prefer to shop leisurely,  my husband comes with me now and it makes a difference, I don't do my usual shopping run on a Friday anymore, out at 8am with my friend, a chat and in to pack it away, someone else took away my confidence to do that trip each week.

Yes, a night light would be a good idea Viktoria.

Looks a nicer day so far,  fed up with the weather pattern lately,  no wonder I have lost my build of of credit I had gathered on my heating  bills, by now the heating  would have been off but it really is too cold in the evening, my husband feels the cold more than I do.

Have a good day.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 20 April 24 10:21 BST (UK) »
Oooer, and my  calendar  has 23 rd.as St. George’s Day.

Yes, the 23rd which is on Tuesday. 🇫🇴
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 20 April 24 10:32 BST (UK) »
I also used to do my shopping by myself, but no longer feel confident enough to drive, so my husband takes me, and yes, Viktoria, I do feel rushed when he's with me, because I know he doesn't enjoy supermarket shopping.  Unfortunately, just like his mother, he is a bit of a hoarder and bargain hunter, so we often come back with rather more than I had planned!  I do appreciate his help with the driving, but am sometimes surprised at what ends up in the supermarket trolley.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 20 April 24 10:59 BST (UK) »
Sorry yes officially st George's day is Tues
But we're celebrating 🎉 in Leicester today . St George sent me a Facebook message to ask if I was going to any of the activities
He will be on stilts so easy to find
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson