Author Topic: Address Help needed - Death Ceritificate Address re Joseph CLIFFORD 1936  (Read 392 times)

Offline helenmcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Ladyshippers
    • View Profile
Re: Address Help needed - Death Certificate Address re Joseph CLIFFORD 1936
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 April 24 10:17 BST (UK) »
Helen,

In the British Newspaper Archive there is a report of the Inquest in the Herald Cymraeg issue of 2nd March 1936.

As this is in Welsh, I do not know how comprehensive or helpful it may be - but the only address reference seems to be that of: 'Leckwith'

Willyam

Hello again Willyam

FindMyPast didn't return any results when I first tried to find the newspaper article but I tried again yesterday and success. Then I used Google Translate which worked like a dream. As you say it didn't help with the home address but it was interesting reading and very touching. Poor Joseph and Blanche.

I'm very grateful for your help. Thank you

Helen
Clifford, Brigden, Banks, Woolgar, Comber, Coomber, Ridley, Shipley, McDiarmid, Picknell, Mathias, Evans, Morgan, Cottington, Sturt, Illman, Best etc

Offline helenmcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Ladyshippers
    • View Profile
Re: Address Help needed - Death Ceritificate Address re Joseph CLIFFORD 1936
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 April 24 17:06 BST (UK) »
Just another update. I'm satisfied that the address I was trying to find became 3 Greenway Road. That is Blanche CLIFFORD'S address on the 1939 register and I was told it is now Leckwith Close. I used Google Maps to locate it and then the road it connects to, which is Sloper Road. Comparing that to the 1939 Register, the same road is shown on that. The houses on Leckwith Close still look like typical 1930s semi-detached of a type built far and wide. Many of them now have parking areas instead of front gardens. I grew up in a very similar one, in Portslade, Sussex.

The help I received on here, coupled with the group on FB, enabled me to be as certain as I can be that I found the address.

Many thanks for all the help and suggestions

Helen
Clifford, Brigden, Banks, Woolgar, Comber, Coomber, Ridley, Shipley, McDiarmid, Picknell, Mathias, Evans, Morgan, Cottington, Sturt, Illman, Best etc