Author Topic: G. Assistant - won’t playing songs  (Read 119 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
G. Assistant - won’t playing songs
« on: Monday 15 April 24 21:39 BST (UK) »
[Sorry, I don’t know if we are allowed to include company names in posts.]  :-\

We’ve had a goo*le assistant device for several years, experiencing very few problems.  Our son set up the device.

Our son broke his cellphone last week.  Coincidentally or not, our g assistant now will not play music.  When asked to play a song, she says “sorry, something went wrong.  When you are ready, give it another try.”

I’ve unplugged the device twice, for a few minutes at a time.  Supposedly, my son checked his phone to see if the device was linked to his phone.  Neither idea worked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please.  Thank you, Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: G. Assistant - won’t playing songs
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 April 24 22:13 BST (UK) »
The voice activation system in my car will not recognise my accent.

The voice activation system Siri on my iPhone does not recognise my accent.

Whilst I did think of buying an Alexa unit, I saw this and thought better of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYvFxs32zvQ

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: G. Assistant - won’t playing songs
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 April 24 22:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you SO much for sharing the link.  ;D ;D  That was great!  I played it twice and even hubby was laughing when I played it for him.

When we want to find something out, we can’t say to each other “why don’t you ask goo*le” - she starts talking before we even ask a question. So, instead, when someone wants an answer to something, we say “why don’t you ask the piano” (the device is on the piano).  Weird, I know, but it keeps her quiet until needed.

I understand the frustration of asking something, getting mad and then nicely asking, hoping for a better outcome.  Rarely does nicely asking a question work for me.  ;D

Thank you again, Biggles50.
      Still giggling to myself.  ;D

PS. I hope that you are able to find a device that works for you!
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)