Author Topic: Looking for a Marriage between Thomas Larkin & Catherine Corcoran  (Read 63 times)

Offline marthaparker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for a Marriage between Thomas Larkin & Catherine Corcoran
« on: Wednesday 17 April 24 14:32 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I wondered if anyone could help please. I’m trying to find a marriage between Thomas LARKIN and Catherine Corkern/CORCORAN

In 1851 the family were living on Mutton Lane, Ashbourne, Derbyshire. Thomas Larkin was the head of the household, a labourer aged 27 born in Bally?moe?, Galway, Ireland. His wife was Catherine aged 30 born in Roscommon County. Their son Patrick was 8, an errand boy from County Galway and his brother Thomas was 5, born in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. There were 4 other people living with them. James Larkin, the brother of Thomas snr, a farm servant aged 18 born in County Roscommon, Anne Dwyer, a 37-year-old lodger, also born in Roscommon and Anne's two daughters Mary, age 10 and Bridget, age 4.

I’m assuming Thomas and Catherine got married before they came over to England. I’ve searched the English indexes but found nothing.

I know Thomas’s father was called John LARKIN from a siblings marriage certificate.

Thank you for any help as they are my brick wall.