Author Topic: Will of Peter Clunn of Middlesex, 1807  (Read 86 times)

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
  • Living in a land down under
    • View Profile
Will of Peter Clunn of Middlesex, 1807
« on: Sunday 21 April 24 07:01 BST (UK) »
Is it possible to recognise a couple words highlighted in orange in the attached below

Here is what I have transcribed (first page) and here is the link/s to the online will if needed:

https://www.ancestry.com.au/imageviewer/collections/5111/images/40611_311424-00225?pid=226256

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D314715

I Peter Clunn of  Prescott Street Goodmans Fields in the Country of Middlesex Gentleman do make this my last Will and Testament in the manner following that is to say first to direct my costs funeral and testamentary charges be paid and discharged with all one speed? after my decease.

I give and devise all that my freehold Messuage or Tenement with the Buildings Ground and Appurtenances Hereditaments belonging situate and being in Prescott Street aforesaid known by the mark or number of 27 together with, all that, one full, and equal third, part and other part or parts, share and ?___?  whatsoever, of,  and, in, all tho se messuages or tenements, lands, hereditaments and premises with their respective appurtenances, situate, lying and being at or near a certain place called ?-Fortall-? in the Parish of St Peter the Apostle in the Isle of Thanet in the Country of Kent and now in the tenure or occupations of Mr Gibbons and Martin Cramp, their undertenants or assigns and also, all, of, are my messuages, lands, tenements, hereditaments and real estate whatsoever unto my wife Clara Clunn and to her heirs and assigns for ever.

Also I give and bequeath all my monies, activities for money, monies in the public funds, goods chattels, effects and personal Estate in Gatson, after payment thereout of my said debts, funeral and testamentary charges unto my said wife Clara Clunn and to her Executors, Administrators and Assigns.
And lastly, I nominate, constitute and appoint my friend Benjamin Cort Of Wapping Street in the Parish of Saint John Wapping in the Country of Middlesex ?___? and my said wife,joint e¬¬xecutors of this my Will thereof, whereof, I gave hereunto, set my hand and soul this twenty third day of December in the year of our lord one thousand eight hundred and three.

~ Peter Clunn ~

Signed sealed published and declared by the said Peter Clunn the Testator and as his last will and testament in the presence of us was at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other,  have, hereunto, subscribed our names as witnesses, the word, with, being first witnesses.

Jno Powell  ~  Henry Booth  ~   Robt Small
NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Will of Peter Clunn of Middlesex, 1807
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 April 24 07:35 BST (UK) »
All due speed

Share and interest

Yes..it is Forstall.   See Kentish Gazette 09 September 1808

I think Benjamin is a Gentleman,  it looks the same as Peter Clunn Gentleman

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
  • Living in a land down under
    • View Profile
Re: Will of Peter Clunn of Middlesex, 1807
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 April 24 08:10 BST (UK) »
Very much appreciated mckha489

You're right.. I didn't think the certain place could be deciphered correctly, but the link to the Kentish Gazette solved it.

Thanks again  ;D
NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)