Author Topic: FRASER, John - Glasgow help  (Read 88 times)

Offline garydevine

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great Grandfather Alexander Allison in 1916
    • View Profile
FRASER, John - Glasgow help
« on: Tuesday 23 April 24 21:43 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

Going absolutely mental trying to trace someone. A John Fraser born in 1885 in Patrick in Glasgow.

Parents were Agnes B McLellan and James Fraser. Agnes died in 1901, she’s my 3rd great grandmother. James was dead before her. I know they had numerous sons but majority all died young apart from 3, James 1887, who married in 1917 but had no kids, Hugh in 1884 that married in 1945 and John 1885 who’s living with those two brothers and mother in 1901 in Glasgow. I can’t locate him and trying to see if he married and maybe moved away or if he had children.

Theres a mystery within the family of a woman born in 1941 in London and her father appears to be a distant relative. Unknown to her all her life. She’s now gone but her daughter is trying to figure it out. It’s a long shot but her mother was born in 1916 at the time of the second war she was in Somerset near an raf base and went back to London and was pregnant and had the baby in 1941. The dna match is small to me, but a lot closer to my great uncle saying 2-3rd cousin.

John Fraser was the half uncle of my great uncle. Who ever the father is I have a theory that the father is the grandson of Agnes McLellan as her daughter Sarah’s (mine) father did not marry or have kids as far as we are aware. He appears to die in 1891 unmarried in Dumbarton living with his mother after have Sarah in 1873 and listed as the father. It’s a long shot. But just trying to find out about John as his two brothers were old when married, and wives were past child baring ages, so was wondering if it could be John, could he have moved to England, or his son been in the war and crossed paths. His child would need to be born between 1904-1922. But I’m struggling to find him on the 1911 and 1921 census in Scotland or a marriage or death, where as the brothers have been found and living away and johns not there.

Any help would be amazing

Gary
Hamilton, Lanarkshire - Devine, McGarry, Daisley, McGuire, Mullen, Sheridan, Ford
Blantyre, Lanarkshire - Gibson, Hamill, McInulty
Avondale, Strathaven - Mulligan, Dempsey
Glasgow - Sinclair, Allison, McFarlane
Renfrewshire - Allison
Perthshire - Sinclair, Roy, Donaldson
Edinburgh and Caithness Thurso - Sutherland
Edinburgh and Ayrshire - Sheridan