Author Topic: Ivy House and William OBrien and Maybe Henry  (Read 86 times)

Offline PaulOBrien

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ivy House and William OBrien and Maybe Henry
« on: Thursday 25 April 24 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hi All, it has been a while..and I hope more online or I need to get someone to help/point me in direction.

First - OK my Grandad was William OBrien - he was head constable between 1928-1934. Badge 1171.  My dad and my uncles and aunt grew up in that station. From my research, we was at many petty sessions etc in papers. I have some pictures, informal and that is it and an xmas party of him, I assume it is lurgan

I have all floor plans of the station from Archives in Dublin,  and many a story, even a map my dad sketched out for me with orchard out the back. I have the infamous Ivy lodge, and within 2 weeks I will have a more recent one, PSNI are helping me - it has cars in it:) When dad there there was no Ivy on front...I will share here what I have. PSNi have loads, of members hundreds but sure nobody stuck station names on back nevermind who was in the pictures..

What I need is to get someone who can get a picture of my gandad, there has to be some.  There was not even that many based in station, His number was 1171.

Secondly:  And this is a chance, but I am so stuck. My grandad had a brother named Henry OBrien RIC, he was aged 22. On May 29th 1922 he was shot in Belfast and died the next day - the thing that I am stumped on is my dad and Aunts side they remember he was buried in Lurga - I had assumed Lurga(n) but exhausted that any graveyard in anything even like  a township in Roscommon, where the brothers lived.. and I actually think now it could well be NI Lurgan, that was not a time to be running around...prior to HC my grandad was only up the road and my grandad buried him and signed up in Tyrone on 1st June. I have tried everything - posts on our forums will show henry obrien 69991.

So in  nutshell, I dearly love a pic of my grandad and as important, if Henry reg 69991   is there is no a headstone I do. I have no problem paying for help, but have no idea where to turn.

Help:) Please...

Many Thanks
Paul

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ivy House and William OBrien and Maybe Henry
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 April 24 09:04 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!