Author Topic: Bertram Byrne 1901 Hacketstown  (Read 290 times)

Offline Evandarcy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bertram Byrne 1901 Hacketstown
« on: Tuesday 30 April 24 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hello my great grandfathers name is Bertie Byrne he was born in 1901 and dies in 1987. In 1930 at age 29 he married my great grandmother Elizabeth Byrne (1908-1946). I cannot find any information at all about Bertie Byrne's parents at all. The fathers name is left blank on the marriage certificate and I cannot seem to find his birth record. He does not show up on the 1901 census and in the 1911 census he is living with his grandmother. How can I possibly find his birth certificate and the name's of his parents? Bertie is short for Bertram. Bertie had 9 children with his first wife, there names are Albert, Pat, John, Tom, Bill, Michael, Jane, Elizabeth and Mary. He then had a further 8 children with his second wife there names are Bert, Paul, Peter, Dominic, Kathleen, Bridget, Marcella and Bernie. I'm telling you there names incase it can help find Bertie's parents names.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bertram Byrne 1901 Hacketstown
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 April 24 09:09 BST (UK) »
Post also on Carlow board. Perhaps replies should be there?

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=882361.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 April 24 09:09 BST (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 April 24 09:16 BST (UK) »
can I ask why you have Bill as a possible for his dad on the tree on Geneanet - is it Bill - or William ??
and Bertie is short for Albert / Herbert /Cuthbert etc - what makes you think he was Bertram ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Evandarcy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 April 24 09:24 BST (UK) »
can I ask why you have Bill as a possible for his dad on the tree on Geneanet - is it Bill - or William ??
and Bertie is short for Albert / Herbert /Cuthbert etc - what makes you think he was Bertram ??
Im very sure that his name was Bertram because thats what my grandfather, Bertie's son told me. But he was not close with his father and never met his grandparents.
As for Bill being Bertie's father that was just me hypothesising because Bill is Bertie's first son

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 April 24 09:45 BST (UK) »
Please can you keep the posts to the Carlow board.
See reply #1
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 May 24 00:52 BST (UK) »
Im very sure that his name was Bertram because thats what my grandfather, Bertie's son told me. But he was not close with his father and never met his grandparents.
As for Bill being Bertie's father that was just me hypothesising because Bill is Bertie's first son

On the Carlow board you posted that Albert was Bertie's first son!  ???
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area