Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 12thMay 2024  (Read 1674 times)

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 12thMay 2024
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 10:23 BST (UK) »
Today marks the first significasnt milestone since my dear Jane died. Her birthday. We started going out just before her 17th birthday 57 years ago and got engaged on her 18th. So many happy memories. Today will be one of quiet reflection on those 57 years we were together.
A beautiful floral tribute from Andrew and the family in Australia delivered first thing this morning from the local florist.
Sadly Mark will not be down today because of the train strike disruption but he will be down later in the week.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 10:43 BST (UK) »
Enjoy your memories Jeff, as I said before, no one can take them away from you and you will  never forget her

Thinking  of you

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 11:51 BST (UK) »
A poignant day for you Jeff, I hope those many happy memories bring you comfort.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 19:56 BST (UK) »
Yes Jeff, a poignant day, but then which isn’t- each and every day they come into your mind bringing memories that are both happy yet very sad as we wish we could do it all again .

I felt we had everything ,modest by many people’ standards but we were content.
“Going out “ with someone for 3 years, then married for 58, we “ pulled together” as is said here in Lancashire ,it was easy, well he made it very easy.
I was 16 when we first went out ,he looked about 18 or 19 but was actually almost 22.
Mum and Dad were worried but when they met him ,he was quiet and polite and they liked him ,a great contrast to my sister’s  boy friend who was very arrogant and overbearing !
I wish we could do it all again ,and Jeff I think you do too.
Aren’t we lucky to feel like that.
Thank heaven for memories.
Kindest regards on a very meaningful day for you.
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 20:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, no doubt today will have been a very poignant day for you Jeff.  I am very sorry for your loss of your dear Jane.  You were together such a long time and it sounds like yours was the happiest of marriages.  I hope you can have taken some comfort in your cherished happy memories today.
Take care Jeff.  You are in our thoughts. Xx
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 21:16 BST (UK) »
Deepest sympathy Jeff.

Others have already written what I would have said too.

Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 21:37 BST (UK) »
Some may recall that I've decided to end researching our family ancestry.

What I hadn't anticipated was the length of time it would take to tidy up the few loose documents that were in my clip board.  I look at one clip board document and discover I need to sort others into a semblance of order.

Yippee:  today is the day I finished the task and the bulging lever arch files will now be resting in a l
 large designated suitcase

Now that Phoebe the sun is showing her face for longer periods each day I can open the windows and steam clean clean my carpets.   The vacuum cleaner has already been taken to pieces and had its own "deep clean" - the filter took longer than it should have taken to dry, which was probably due to damp in the air.

Enjoy your weekend everyone; I'm expecting a visit from a two and a four year old who love the singsong we have, plus the crayoning now that I've produced colouring sticks :-)  .Oops, I forgot that I promised to help them do head stands against my sitting room wall.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 09 May 24 06:01 BST (UK) »
Well done on condensing all the research and archiving Rena, massive job!

Thoughts with you Jeff with those years of memories and reminders as each significant date comes around, particularly so the first time, hug ..

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 09 May 24 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hold onto all those happy memories Jeff.
North East of England