Author Topic: Family Tree Maker 2024does  (Read 234 times)

Offline smeghead

• RootsChat Veteran
  • PINK FLOYD
    • View Profile
Family Tree Maker 2024does
« on: Monday 06 May 24 20:33 BST (UK) »
does any one please know the official launch date of the new updated family tree maker 2024?
Thanks
Jeves, Sparkes, Downton, Chaney, Digby, Jenkins, Taylor, Hiscock, NOAKE, McCabe, Harman, Cuffay, Lloyd, Jamieson Lister,Rimmer,Kryten, Kochanski, Holly                                            Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Maker 2024does
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 May 24 21:15 BST (UK) »
Soon ……… but that was three months ago so anyones bet.

Offline smeghead

• RootsChat Veteran
  • PINK FLOYD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 May 24 21:20 BST (UK) »
thanks
Jeves, Sparkes, Downton, Chaney, Digby, Jenkins, Taylor, Hiscock, NOAKE, McCabe, Harman, Cuffay, Lloyd, Jamieson Lister,Rimmer,Kryten, Kochanski, Holly                                            Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AntonyMMM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 09:52 BST (UK) »
Going by previous releases it will be some months at least - I seem to remember the 2019 version was rolled out quite some time after the first announcement. "Pre-selling" the releases helps to fund the development/testing.

As with any software upgrade the important thing is to look at the changes being made and see if those are worth (to you) paying the difference for.

Online Steve3180

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 May 24 15:11 BST (UK) »
I just hope they fix some of the bugs and allow editing of the awful place name database. I've been wrestling with this thing since 2012 and all they ever do is add bells and whistles that somebody in the marketing department has thought up. If it wasn't for all the other family history software, this would be the worst.

Offline martin hooper

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 11:44 BST (UK) »
all they ever do is add bells and whistles that somebody in the marketing department has thought up.

I've been a FTM user for over 15 years, and I agree with what Steve3180 says. The only useful thing in the 2019 release was smart filters. The change log is an unnecessary hindrance. In the 2024 release there's nothing of any use. Oh well, I'll stick with FTM2019. No more upgrades for me.

Martin