Author Topic: Boyker marriage, but where?  (Read 85 times)

Offline Stuart_McDonald

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Boyker marriage, but where?
« on: Wednesday 08 May 24 03:51 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Julia Helen Jenkinson died in Palm Beach, Florida 14th April 1980 (born 1911 Paddington, London, England).  She married Edgar Townsley Jenkinson in 1977 as Julia Boyker, nee Dallimore.  I am trying to determine who the Boyker was.
Julia had migrated to the US, likely in the 1950s, possibly via Australia.  So, she married a Boyker in the US between circa 1951 and 1977, but where I have no idea. 
Her maiden name was Dallimore, but by the time of her US migration she had married at least three times, so she may have travelled and/or married as either Julia Dallimore, Julia Hyman, Julia Gamble or Julia Jones.
Can anyone offer suggestions, as I have no idea where in the US she was prior to her 1977 Florida marriage.
Would be grateful of any pointers.
Best regards
Stuart McDonald
Australia

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Boyker marriage, but where?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 05:41 BST (UK) »
Removed - wrong question
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 06:31 BST (UK) »
The social security death index indicates that her card was issued in Massachusetts between 1952-1954.  So, she was possibly living in Massachusetts between those years.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Stuart_McDonald

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 06:48 BST (UK) »
The social security death index indicates that her card was issued in Massachusetts between 1952-1954.
Thank you so much Lisa, it's a start!

Offline Stuart_McDonald

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 07:12 BST (UK) »
The social security death index indicates that her card was issued in Massachusetts between 1952-1954.
Thank you so much Lisa, it's a start!
I think I solved it, thanks to your lead Lisa.  Julia H Gamble married at Palmer, Massachusetts in 1954 to John F Boyker.  All I need now is what "F" stands for!  Thanks Lisa ;D

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 08:48 BST (UK) »
You’re very welcome.

His middle name may have been Francis, per a naturalization document (have not yet determined that he is “your” Boyker).

While he passed away a number of years ago, I don’t like to post “recent” details in case his family members want to keep things private.  I will send a pm with a few brief details.  I hope you understand my reluctance.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)