Author Topic: Probate section of William Clunn's Will in Latin  (Read 110 times)

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
  • Living in a land down under
    • View Profile
Probate section of William Clunn's Will in Latin
« on: Wednesday 08 May 24 10:51 BST (UK) »
William Clunn's 1697 Will was in English, but the probate looks to be Latin.

It would be much appreciated if this Latin part could be deciphered.
NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Probate section of William Clunn's Will in Latin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 16:40 BST (UK) »
26o die Maij 1697 cor(am) m(agist)ro Johanne Stockar cl(er)ico surro(gato) &c p(rese)nte

me Paulo Lubin Not(arij) pub(li)ci

Probatum fuit h(uius)mo(d)i suprascript(um) Test(ament)um Will(el)mi Clunn sen(ioris) def(uncti) iur(amen)to

Faith Clunn rel(i)c(t)e d(i)c(t)i def(un)c(t)i et Executricis in eodem Testamento no(m)i(n)at(e) ac

inde approbatum &c Om(n)isq(ue) &c Com(m)issum fuit p(re)fat(e) Ex(ecutri)ci prius ad […?] &c

Jurat’ salvo Iure &c

On the 26th day of May 1697, before Master John Stockar, clerk, surrogate etc., in the presence of me Paul Lubin, Notary Public, this above-written will of William Clunn the elder, deceased, was proved by the oath of Faith Clunn, relict of the said deceased and the executrix named in the same will, and was then approved etc., and all etc., was granted to the aforesaid executrix who was first sworn to […] etc., saving the right, etc.

Offline waynenort

• RootsChat Senior
  • Living in a land down under
    • View Profile
Re: Probate section of William Clunn's Will in Latin
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 May 24 20:46 BST (UK) »
It always amazes me how you unabbreviated, abbreviated Latin.

Thank you kindly Bookbox :)

NORTON (Kent), KEECH (Dorset), MOOR / MOORE (Kent), HOCKING (Dorset / Somerset), LEVI (City of York), SANDWELL (Kent), CHAFFIN  (Dorset / Somerset), STRONG (Dorset)