Author Topic: Ellen Teresa Murray (nee Horan)  (Read 231 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Teresa Murray (nee Horan)
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 09 May 24 11:37 BST (UK) »
There isn’t anything in that you haven’t already mentioned.
Clashmore, Iona Road
Wife Nellie
Deeply regretted by wife, sons, daughters, mother, brothers, sisters, relatives and friends.
St Columba’s Church to Glasnavin.

Could Ellen have gone to live with one of her children?
The search of newspapers can be hit and miss when the print is often so bad, you can browse but without an idea of a year that’s a huge task, assuming she is with her husband getting a read out of the grave from Glasnevin would be the easiest way to find her.

Thank you Sinann there are endless possibilities I do have the gravestone memorial in glasnevin she is not on it just her husband & his parents.
Not a hope of finding her in the Newspapers so, Glasnevin was the only clue other than Clashmore but if she’s not there and wasn’t living in Clashmore there are way too many Ellen Murray.
I’d follow up that marriage in the UK, if she’s not with her husband it’s a good chance she remarried.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 09 May 24 11:47 BST (UK) »
There isn’t anything in that you haven’t already mentioned.
Clashmore, Iona Road
Wife Nellie
Deeply regretted by wife, sons, daughters, mother, brothers, sisters, relatives and friends.
St Columba’s Church to Glasnavin.

Could Ellen have gone to live with one of her children?
The search of newspapers can be hit and miss when the print is often so bad, you can browse but without an idea of a year that’s a huge task, assuming she is with her husband getting a read out of the grave from Glasnevin would be the easiest way to find her.

Thank you Sinann there are endless possibilities I do have the gravestone memorial in glasnevin she is not on it just her husband & his parents.
Not a hope of finding her in the Newspapers so, Glasnevin was the only clue other than Clashmore but if she’s not there and wasn’t living in Clashmore there are way too many Ellen Murray.
I’d follow up that marriage in the UK, if she’s not with her husband it’s a good chance she remarried.
I agree Sinann the marriage seems feasable as maybe some of her children were in Uk & she moved there she was also a trained Nurse as I found her registration in UK

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 May 24 12:31 BST (UK) »

Would Ellens marriage be recorded under Murray or Horan?

The marriage as found by Softly Softly records her surname as Horan.

These are the marriage details from FreeBMD:

Apr-Jun 1971   
Horan  Ellen    Henry (James)    Mansfield    3c   685

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo