Author Topic: Thomas Hunt of Leicester 1786 Loughborough 1856 woolsorter  (Read 329 times)

Offline willsy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Hunt of Leicester 1786 Loughborough 1856 woolsorter
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 May 24 22:04 BST (UK) »
If you are able to look at the Leicester parish records, there is a marriage licence for Esther Hunt and William Price

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N262-KPK

they  marry 26 May 1807 and the marriage lic. states she is the daughter of Thomas Hunt dyer of the parish of St. Nicholas; had a look at your tree after finding the marriage.

I did look at James 1861 and you have the census return I had already found and wondered if Ann Hunt age 86 with James should really say mother instead of grandmother? birthplace Ashby looking at the census return.
Willsy

Ward, Newark (Nottingham), Leicester, Scarborough
Warren, Northampton, Leicester
Moore, Leicestershire
Hunt, Leicestershire
Kirkman, Leicestershire
Hurst, Leicester, Stowmarket
Kendrick, Leicestershire
Eld, Leicestershire
Essex Edey/Eady Elsden/Elsdon

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Offline josalt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Hunt of Leicester 1786 Loughborough 1856 woolsorter
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 May 24 14:12 BST (UK) »
If you are able to look at the Leicester parish records, there is a marriage licence for Esther Hunt and William Price

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N262-KPK

THANKS FOR THAT - I DID NOT HAVE IT.
Family Search does not give details of father or his occupation & Ancestry has no access to the parish record books for Leicestershire
SHAME !. I HAVE ADDED HER MARRIAGE TO MY TREE.

they  marry 26 May 1807 and the marriage lic. states she is the daughter of Thomas Hunt dyer of the parish of St. Nicholas; had a look at your tree after finding the marriage.

I did look at James 1861 and you have the census return I had already found and wondered if Ann Hunt age 86 with James should really say mother instead of grandmother? birthplace Ashby looking at the census return.

YES I AGREE - THE CENSUS RECORD IS WRONG - I have corrected it to Mother on Ancestry. THANK YOU for pointing this out.

Any more insights into the TRUE PARENTAGE of Thomas Hunt circa 1760 buried in Leicester March 1830, a dyer of thornton Lane? He is the father  of Thomas Hunt 1786-1856.

Moderator comment: topic edited to remove a number of posts which were not in the spirit of RootsChat. Please show courtesy towards others, even if you don't agree or cannot accept their position.
Hunt in Leicestershire.