Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 19th May 2024  (Read 1320 times)

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 19th May 2024
« on: Monday 13 May 24 10:01 BST (UK) »
Morning folk
Afte quite a nice weekend it is dull  this morning  and a tad cooler.

Off to the Tower of London later, hope it doesn't rain.

Hope everyone is feeling chipper today

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 19th May 2024
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 May 24 11:17 BST (UK) »
Well, it's wet and windy in Devon and we are promised more rain during the day, though it's not cold.  What a difference from Sat and Sun!  The workmen thatching next door's roof have not turned up today, probably because of the weather forecast, but they have now reached the top of the roof and have placed a couple of (straw) pheasants on the ridge - they are quite beautiful.  Our garden and gutters are full of stray bits of straw, but they have promised to clear everything up when they have finished.

I'm struggling to drink the 2 litres a day amount of liquid advised by my GP.  How do you do it?  Any advice welcome. ???
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 May 24 11:39 BST (UK) »
It is difficult but little and often might do the trick.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 May 24 15:35 BST (UK) »

I'm struggling to drink the 2 litres a day amount of liquid advised by my GP.  How do you do it?  Any advice welcome. ???

I sympathise about the amount of water you've been advised to drink.  We were an active generation when we were young and I've just learnt that the "stitch" I used to get in my side was due to lack of water.  At the time I was quite happy with the amount I drank   

Years ago a pal and I went to a fitness centre used by the local football team .   We were wired up to use bursts of electric currents that  squeezed water from muscle by tightening the muscles. and we were advised to drink water but not to drink coffee, which causes water retention apparently..

We had rain late yesterday afternoon and then again this morning, but Phoebe is back drying up the paths.   For the first time this year I've been outside with a bucket of water and a yard brush.  I was shocked to see that for the first time ever white lichen has arrived to stick like glue onto the stone paving slabs.. 

I live in North West Lancashire and have been speaking with my local bank teller, who apparently sits in South East England, in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.   Coincidentally, this town is where my grandfather was born down in Willis's Place - after Mr Willis died the area was knocked down and rebuilt.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 May 24 22:25 BST (UK) »
Gillg, as I understand it, it doesn't have to be just plain water, you could for instance have fruit teas or maybe add a little fruit juice to the water for a change.

If the problem is the resulting constant visits to the loo after consuming such a quantity of water, I'm afraid there's no solution to that! Just remind yourself that your body will thank you.  ;D
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 May 24 23:27 BST (UK) »
A phone call from my Grand daughter today, she is expecting a baby——- yippee!
A few sad occurrences and  worries and she was afraid she would never go full term but this time all looks much better than before.
 I know baby clothes are much easier to launder etc these days but I shall have to get my knitting needles out, won’t be able to, resist.
Tiny bootees!
She is 30, in November.

Flash Harry’s Birthday treat was a visit to an Agricultural Show,I think that was lovely and a better choice than many other options .
His Daddy loved goats especially Pygmy Goats .

Lovely morning,finished tidying the back garden , it looks good .
The burst is back in the side lane, it is a fresh water too leak too, what a waste .
I have already reported it but it could be a week or so before anything iis done.

Covid inoculation tomorrow .
Heart Clinic at Hospital on Wednesday .
How shall I cope with all the excitement !

Well there could well be two apples on my dwarf  apple tree, two blossoms today.Mind you it could be only one!
And another Ladybird!- Although it might have been one of the two I saw the
the other day.
They all look the same to me!

Well off to bed
 Hope all have a good night’s sleep ,those unwell or worried especially .
Cheerio .
Viktoria.

garden

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 05:50 BST (UK) »
Congratulations Great Grandmother to be, Viktoria, on your great news! :D  What an exciting time this will be for you!  I remember making my Grandson a quilt and knitting jackets, blankets, and hats and one pair of bootees.  I don't think they used the bootees though, it seems they just kept him in socks.  It sounds like you will be kept busy with knitting.

Gillg, perhaps just try having a drink every two hours, over 10/12 hour period?  I wonder if that might help with meeting the target?

I went to Church on Sunday.  There is going to be a Church outing to Rothbury in the summer.  I like the sound of this but will have to wait nearer to the time to see if I can go, work permitting.  after the service, someone was showing around an album of photos of one of our events from 2001!  I was in it.  I advised person to add names on the back of the photos, as they hadn't done this.  Some people on photos have since passed on.  I think this will be a good keepsake but only if people can be identified down the line. 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 07:26 BST (UK) »
Congratulations from me  Viktoria,  how exciting ?

I came home from London last night, had to have  a replacement bus as they were working on our  line, so got home around midnight, up at 05.30 to get to the surgery to try to get  a  appt today,  was there before the gates were opened and was first  outside the door for opening at 7am, managed to get an apot at 09.10, 4th attempt, although they open at 7am there were  no Drs  on site.

After a nice few days yesterday was cooler yesterday but very pleasant in London,  we have had a deluge of rain overnight, the roads are awash with water this  morning , such a shame,  a friend  of mine is on holiday down south, she said there are only some many coffees you a  drink in day keep sheltering from the weather.

Hope all is well with  every one.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 09:38 BST (UK) »
Well Flash Harry and Kyra are my great grandchildren ,their Daddy is my grandson.
He is 33 this month.
New baby will be the third great grandchild, but months to go yet and hopes all goes well this time.

Who would have thought it ,—- oodathowtit?
Chucking it down this morning!

Hope those not well are starting to feel better .
I am at the Cardiac Failure Clinic tomorrow ,supposed to have a monitor fitted but no news of that yet.
I enjoyed working in the garden yesterday, took my time and had frequent rests sitting in the sunshine ,had a good few hours ( five) sleep last night too.

Fed the fish just now, so hungry after their winter “rest”, and just as tame, who says fish have no memories !

Look after yourselves folks - OH! My friend says all the work going in at BT junction boxes is to do with scrapping landlines ,which are being phased out ,whatever will replace them ? Is this  another age discrimination to make us all computer literate? Even those who rely on phones for assistance and daily
needs etc ,honestly I would vote for Donald Trump if he saved my phone!.

Oldies being discriminated against again!
More technology when I already have to look at my washer instructions if I vary from the usual programme !!!

It is a good job exclamation marks are not rationed!

Cheerio. Off to phone my daughter,their Wedding Anniversary today - sent  a card last week so hopefully it has arrived.
Viktoria.

Covid at 10-20 ,then a bit of shopping and home ,
Son back today,an easy quick tea if he is hungry,often not after a long
journey .