Author Topic: 1851 and 1861 look up please  (Read 3779 times)

Offline treefreak

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 and 1861 look up please
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 September 05 17:48 BST (UK) »
This is wonderful news!!

Will PM you.

Sandra :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk <br /><br />Brown - Renfrewshire, McCann - Ayreshire and Ireland, Fellows - Bilston and Willenhall, Morris - Tipton, Moody - Coseley/Dudley, Arnold - Tipton, Knowles - Willenhall, Banks - Willenhall, Martin - Tipton, Wolverson - Willenhall<br />:) ;)

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 September 05 03:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandra,

Could I make a plaintive little plea - to everybody.  It is always a good idea, when you've made a request on RC and then find out the answer to your question (or find further information) to post again on your query threads so that other RootsChatters don't spend their time and effort searching out information which you already have :'(

Leaving that aside, are you aware of the SeanRuad site where you can search for townlands?  It is at:
http://www.thecore.com/seanruad/

There is no exact match for Killevey but a search for all townlands in Armagh beginning with 'Kil' might help.  Similarly a search for all townlands in Derry beginning with 'Ball' (there are quite a number of these) might give some ideas - especially if the writing on the certificate is hard to decipher (and if the name is just the Registrar's best attempt at rendering a placename told to him in an unfamiliar accent).  Perhaps Ballynease-strain might be a possibility?

JAP

Offline treefreak

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 September 05 09:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jap

In future I will try and get all the information before I post, but being very new to tracing Scottish and Irish ancestors you have to appreciate that this is a learning curve for me :o

If I could have deleted my posts so as to not annoy you...I would.

Sincerely

Sandra
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk <br /><br />Brown - Renfrewshire, McCann - Ayreshire and Ireland, Fellows - Bilston and Willenhall, Morris - Tipton, Moody - Coseley/Dudley, Arnold - Tipton, Knowles - Willenhall, Banks - Willenhall, Martin - Tipton, Wolverson - Willenhall<br />:) ;)

Offline treefreak

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 September 05 09:50 BST (UK) »
Please note that this original thread was a completely different request from the other one with the same family on it.

That other thread is asking how to trace Irish marriages/blood now that I have discovered where my ancestors are from.

Regards

Sandra