Author Topic: 1861 Census Dolgelly  (Read 1552 times)

Offline nickyhug

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 Census Dolgelly
« on: Thursday 15 September 05 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have downloaded a copy of a page from the Dolgelly Census of 1861 from Ancestry, listing my Great Great Grandfather and his family.  The reference is RG9\4319.
One of the entries is for his daughter aged 6, they have transcribed her name as Savria.  I don't think this is what is written.  But I can't tell what it is!!  :-\
Is there anyone out there who could have a look for me and see what they come up with ???
Also I am unable to find her again on any of the other census' or details of her birth marriage etc - could this be because Savria isn't her name?
Any help would be great
Many thanks
Nickyhug :)
Edwards - Wales & London, Torrance - Hampshire, Stokes - Devon, Waller - London, Andrews - New Zealand

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census Dolgelly
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 September 05 21:57 BST (UK) »
I suggest Laura. That was my first thought and there is a Laura Edwards born in Dolgelly aged 16 in the 1871 census who is a housemaid in Cavendish Sq Marylebone. The head of the house was George Wallis dentist.

Hope this helps

Peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 September 05 21:59 BST (UK) »
sorry the full address is 53 Queen Ann St

Peterej
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 September 05 01:04 BST (UK) »
I concur that it is Laura- if you look at the top of the page there is a Lowry Ellis, with the L also looking as if it might be mistaken for an S.