Author Topic: Barbara & Roy Day - Jersey Island  (Read 5120 times)

Offline BigguyCalgary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Barbara & Roy Day - Jersey Island
« on: Friday 13 August 04 18:20 BST (UK) »
I have just received information that my aunt Barbara Day, her husband Roy and their children lived on the island of Jersey sometime during the 1950's and 1960's.  Is there anyway that someone might be able to confirm this for me?
Looking for information on the Heritage Family in Hackney/Mile End/Islington/Clerkenwell/Holborn areas.  Also found I have connections to the Bacon, Bissmire, Checkley, Coe, Cunningham, Day, Delley, Gillott, Nott and White families.

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara & Roy Day - Jersey Island
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 August 04 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there do you have any other info other than their names,such as line of work or childrens names? There there quite a few "DAYS"here on Jersey.

Do you know if they settled or were only here for a short time?

No promises but i will make some inquiries for you if you can provide a little bit more background.
On another note we were at The Stampede last year and loved Calgary.
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BigguyCalgary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 August 04 15:34 BST (UK) »
I'm so sorry for the delay in my response to your question.  I've been on holidays for the last two weeks.  Unfortunitely, I only met my Aunt Barbara once in the 1970's and never met my cousins.  I'm sorry I couldn't add any more information.  I'm slowly finding out the information as I go.  My father didn't talk very my about his family in the UK.   

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in Calgary.  I live here and enjoy the Stampede every year!!   ;D
Looking for information on the Heritage Family in Hackney/Mile End/Islington/Clerkenwell/Holborn areas.  Also found I have connections to the Bacon, Bissmire, Checkley, Coe, Cunningham, Day, Delley, Gillott, Nott and White families.

Offline BigguyCalgary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 August 04 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Scatty,

I just came across some additional information to do with the children of my aunt.  If I've tracked them properly, she had two kids that I could find:

Susan C Day born 1953
Nigel R Day born 1955

I know for sure that they were living on Jersey Island in the late 1960's through the 1970's.  My aunt's maiden name was Heritage.

Thanks again!!!