Author Topic: The vanishing FAIRCLOUGH family of Berkhamsted  (Read 2733 times)

Offline NZ Enquirer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
The vanishing FAIRCLOUGH family of Berkhamsted
« on: Wednesday 28 September 05 10:56 BST (UK) »
This is a slightly different request and may not fit into what is being offered by helpers in Hertfordshire so if there are no takers I will understand. But I'm running out of ideas and thought I would try here. I'm trying to locate a family who lived in or near Berkhamsted or Hemel Hempsted in the 1960s. They were Elizabeth (nee Gideon) and David Fairclough and their children Judith, Andrew, and Michael. They are not currently listed in the BT directory on the web. I've tried a couple of churches and have placed an advert in the local paper, all to no avail. I've searched death indexes and there don't appear to have been any entries for any of them. I found one David Fairclough who was a flying instructor but he is not the one we seek.  Is there anybody locally with a detective wish who might be able to make a few enquiries?  Much appreciated.
Thanks.

If you have any information about this family, please would you contact NZEnquirer ONLY by personal message. - Thanks - Rick

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: The vanishing Fairclough family of Berkhamsted
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 11:26 BST (UK) »
Just a thought: Have you thought of searching electoral rolls?
192.com has nationwide electoral rolls you can search. If you are not afraid of junk mail, you can do the search for free (after you register, choose 'get sponsored for free credits' or something the like).

Tanja  :)

PS. WELCOME TO ROOTSCHAT  :D  :D   
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: The vanishing FAIRCLOUGH family of Berkhamsted
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 September 05 12:21 BST (UK) »
Welcome :)

RootsChat tries to protect the privacy of living individuals, and does not really encourage the use of the boards to contact the living.

Genes Reunited is a site that is more geared for this, and I wonder if you have tried there?

www.GenesReunited.co.uk/

You do not mention which local newspapers you have tried, but "The Gazette" is the most widely read local newspaper in this area.

http://www.hemelonline.co.uk/

Good luck with your search.

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk