Author Topic: Thomas Enoch Redge/Ridge  (Read 1918 times)

Offline vliet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Enoch Redge/Ridge
« on: Sunday 02 October 05 11:05 BST (UK) »
I'm STILL trying to get more information about my great uncle, Thomas Enoch REDGE/RIDGE. The varaiation in surname is purely due to handwriting, accent or personal preferences.
The last record I have for him is his name as a witness at his brother's, my grandfather's wedding, in 1921. None of the immediate family even knew he existed.
He was born in 1880, in Shropshire and was still with his father & one of the surviving sisters, on the 1901 Census, in White Grit, Shelve, Shropshire.
Up to now, I have 6 possibilities for Thomas's wedding (always assuming that he DID marry) and trying to find anyone who is descended from them, looks like being my next way forward. The women are, witth dates af marriage are:
Dora Ellen Watkin, 1903, Llanfyllin
Eliza Skinner, 1915, Southwark
Dorothy A Watson, 1921, Barnet
Ellen James, 1908, Ledbury
Ada Williams, 1926, Forden
Margaret E Helmshaw, 1923 N. Brierley
There are more out there, maybe, but one has to start somewhere! I DO hope someone recognises one of the names, or can come up with a totally new line of enquirey. Please post a reply with even the smallest snippet of information. My search for Thomas is driving my wife batty - only because I keep going on about him!
The Good Captain
REDGE, RIDGE, MORRIS

Offline sterson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Enoch Redge/Ridge
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 October 05 12:04 BST (UK) »
Hi my great grandfather came from white grit. his name was francis ridge 1866. thats all i know if you happen to find any info please let me know.
stuart.
Terson: Dover, Eastbourne, Lewes, ect
Ridge: Wales, Stropshire
Baker: Honiton, Dorset, Devon
Keys: Essex
Scudder: Essex
Wigginton

Offline vliet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 October 05 16:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Stuart
From the date of birth, Your Francis Ridge was Thomas Enoch's elder brother and therefore my other great uncle from that family! Their father, Enoch REDGE or RIDGE was my great grandfather, and their younger brother, Walter, my grandfather.
I will look at my family tree on the computer tonight and try & give more information but you might be able to fill in some gaps if I can give you any more details.

The Good Captain
REDGE, RIDGE, MORRIS

Offline vliet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 October 05 16:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Stuart

I looked up the tree and I would definitely say that your Francis was another great uncle of mine from the same family. Francis was Thomas Enoch's and Walter's (my grandfather) elder brother. their father was called Enoch.

Francis has a number of links on the tree and I ccould do with getting some of your relative's names, eg grandfather, grandmother etc. etc. so I can have a look at my information.

Hope to hear from you soon.

The Good Captain.
REDGE, RIDGE, MORRIS

Offline vliet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 October 05 15:16 BST (UK) »
Stuart

Did you get the file I sent? should have been an attachment.

The Good Captain
REDGE, RIDGE, MORRIS

Offline joycester

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 22:12 BST (UK) »
My father John Rowlands was born in Shelve in 1906 . His maternal grandmother was was Emma Hicks , nee Redge , born in Wolverhampton in 1841 . Does anyone know if there is a connection to Enoch ?

Mary