Author Topic: Busby Family Somewhere in Warwickshire  (Read 1522 times)

Offline jennirosa

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Busby Family Somewhere in Warwickshire
« on: Monday 03 October 05 13:03 BST (UK) »

I have a Great Grandfather who was Joseph Busby c.1811
According to what I have been told was born in Althorp Warwickshire.   ???

Is it possible for someone to see if they can tell me if there are any  Busby's in Warwickshire which might fit the bill?

He married a lady called Ann (Maiden name not known) who was born Northumberland. 
I don't know the date of their marriage, but a daughter was born c.1835. So I guess somewhere just before then 1834-1835 maybe?

Joseph was in the Army between 1829 and 1850.

But he must have had family in Althorp? or nearby somewhere??

Hope someone can help me find his family!    ???

Jennirosa

Bond - Busby -  Spencer (In York  and Eathorpe/Wappenbury  and London    Cooper - Laister  In Yorkshire and Derby  Case  Chant - Gardiner - Kay - Small - Bathersby(Battersby) - Suey  Bishopstone Ireland Australia and China Chittenden - Head - Coombes-   England and Australia

Offline Bryan.

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 1938 - 2006
    • View Profile
Re: Busby Family Somewhere in Warwickshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 October 05 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

On FamilySearch there is a marriage of a Joseph Busby to a
Anne Poole,25th April, 1831, Aston Juxta, Birmingham.Warwicks.

Bryan
Brownell...Sheffield.
Rodgers....Sheffield
Harper...Great Barford,Beds. 
Hull...Roxton,Beds
Wostenholme,Sheffield, 
Elliot, Baslow,Derbyshire
Duke, Birmingham.....Sheffield
Palmer, Nottingham....Holbeach
Hall,Nottingham

:-*   8)    ::)     :o

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jennirosa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 October 05 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Bryan!

I found that one too, but not so sure now as I have found possibly they had different family!

My Joseph and wife Ann had the following:

Sarah 1835 ? Newcastle upon Tyne
Elizabeth 1837 Newcastle upon Tyne
Mary Ann 1839 Limerick
Joseph 1841 Dublin
Lucy 1843 Woolwich, Kent
George 1848 Middlesex London (This one may have joined the Army too!)

The only birth I can find is on familysearch is....Lucy Busby, the others are not on there. (She's not on freebmd)

There is a George Busby born 1848 Westminster which could be the George above. (He's on freebmd)

I don't even know where the family went after 1850 when he was discharged from the Army?

By 1859 Lucy Busby had married my Great Grandfather in York. And that's where Lucy stayed until her Death in 1886.

So I can only guess the Busby family must have moved north again for some reason before 1859. If they stayed in York or moved on again I don't know?   ???

Jennirosa

Bond - Busby -  Spencer (In York  and Eathorpe/Wappenbury  and London    Cooper - Laister  In Yorkshire and Derby  Case  Chant - Gardiner - Kay - Small - Bathersby(Battersby) - Suey  Bishopstone Ireland Australia and China Chittenden - Head - Coombes-   England and Australia

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 October 05 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have found a family of Busbys in Birmingham
Joseph 25 Wine worker
Ann 30
Joseph 9
James 6
Ann 1
Henry 5 months

Moland Street Birmingham

It could be them ???

Cal  :D
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 October 05 19:32 BST (UK) »
Should have said this was 1841 HO 107/1143/10 !!!
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales

Offline jennirosa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 October 05 00:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Cal241!

Thanks for looking up for me...but Joseph Busby was in the Army at the time of the 1841 Census.  Ann was on her own with most of the kids in 1851...Joseph had left the Army.  Maybe not well..could be the reason they were in London for awhile?

They may show up somewhere from about 1861 onwards.   ::) All my Mum ever said was Lucy was Irish born, but I proved her wrong on that one!

They must have been in York for their daughters Wedding 1859. But goodness only knows where they went after the Wedding! I would imagine the two older girls would be married by then too? They weren't like most famiies who stayed in the same area! I'm just guessing they may have gone back to where they were born to live?

Thanks again for looking for me

jennirosa