Author Topic: 1851 Cheshire Census-Resource lookup  (Read 718 times)

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851 Cheshire Census-Resource lookup
« on: Tuesday 04 October 05 22:39 BST (UK) »
Look up please for Elizabeth Hughes born 1839/40 Liverpool.  Her father William Hughes,a Master Mariner. Her brother Thomas born Liverpool 1847.
Had someone look up Liverpool only but they are not there.
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Cheshire Census-Resource lookup
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Kira

Welcome to rootschat  :)

There is no county wide online index for Cheshire 1851, need a bit more info, do you know which town in Cheshire she had a connection with? do you have details of her in the 1861 or other census ? do you have her mothers name ? did she marry in Cheshire ? or any other details you may have that points to her being in Cheshire.

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Cheshire Census-Resource lookup
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 October 05 02:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter
Thank you for responding to my message.
There are too many possible Elizabeth Hughes' to warrant her 'mine' in 1861...but  June 1st 1862 she married John FULTON at the parish church Birkenhead. Her dad William, a Master Mariner. ,her age 22. 1871 Census  Elizabeth Fulton born 1840 Lancashire. Her brother Thomas Hughes born 1848 born Lancashire living with her and children.Her husband John Fulton  a fireman on the Queen vessel.1881 Census she states born Liverpool born 1839 living 3 Athol St. Birkenhead.Same for 1891. 1901 she states born 1840 Liverpool living 16 Sun Street Birkenhead. So l posted on Liverpool and Lancashire but no bites. So now trying Cheshire. I'd buy the CD but don't know where abouts she is !!  I would say they stayed around the area because i found a William Hughes age 74 living 33 Athol Street in 1871...Mariner...so it's a good bet that's her Dad. The freebmd and the Cheshire BMD has too many probables for me to order a birth certificate.
So if you are able to point me in a direction or help,would be much appreciated.  Its quite a common name.
Thanks, Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.