Author Topic: James Jones  (Read 545 times)

Offline wwykes24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Never say Never
    • View Profile
James Jones
« on: Wednesday 12 October 05 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, trying to find James Jones (my great grandfather). The only information I have at present is that he was born about 1884 in the Hendon area of London.  He married in 1910 to Catherine Atkinson and at some point he joined the Army as I know he fough in the First World War.  He came back from the War but left Catherine.  That was the last the family heard of him.  I would like to know if there is any way of tracing which Regiment he served in - when he enlisted and when he was demobbed.  Many thanks

Wendy
Atkinson, Bailess, Bills, Brecknell, Goadby, Hill, Horspool, Johnson, Jones, Riggs, Sanders, Smith, Tizzard

Offline Kevwood

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • my little man
    • View Profile
Re: James Jones
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 October 05 00:21 BST (UK) »
hi wendy, do you have any other info, like middle name or marriage certificate.

That will give you fathers name, also she is listed as Katherine not catherine.

Kev. ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

wood,west,williams,morgan,sollars,hawker,snell,roach,clark,symons. In bristol,fremington,instow,rhymney,colyton

Offline wwykes24

• RootsChat Senior
  • Never say Never
    • View Profile
Re: James Jones
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 October 05 08:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Kev, thanks for your reply.  I do not think James had a middle name and I think they married at St. Saviours, London.  I shall send for the marriage certificate.  James and Katherine had 2 children - George and Phyliss.  Katherine did not have a middle name.  Her father was Alfred Atkinson.

Regards
Wendy  :)
Atkinson, Bailess, Bills, Brecknell, Goadby, Hill, Horspool, Johnson, Jones, Riggs, Sanders, Smith, Tizzard