Author Topic: Aubrey Jurd - Qld records  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Mungbeans

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Aubrey Jurd - Qld records
« on: Sunday 23 October 05 03:16 BST (UK) »
I have compiled a substantial database of Jurds in Australia.  There is one I have been unable to trace because he was in Queensland:

Aubrey Raymond Jurd was born 3 Jun 1897 in Lismore, NSW to Joseph and Ada Jurd.

He served in the army in WWII and enlisted in Queensland.  His next of kin is given as his wife, Jane.

Could someone please find out:

a) When and where he married Jane, and her maidan name
b) Any death and burial details.
c) Children's names (if available, though I doubt it)

Thank you
Leonie
(was 'spunkymungbeans') Price (Bristol), Pow (Scotland), Neilson (Scotland), Cooper (Yorkshire), Laister (Yorkshire/Nottingham/Lincolnshire)
Lookups:  NSW & Norfolk Musters to 1828; Rookwood Cemetery and Woronora Cemetery transcriptions and grave photographs - post at Australian Emigrants board

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey Jurd - Qld records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 05 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Leonie

I can check the Qld BDM later in the week, but births are only to 1918 so it is unlikely you will find any children.

I did notice Ada & Joseph buried in the Toowoomba Cemetery - have you seen this record? - Search at the following address

http://tcc.toowoomba.qld.gov.au/index.php?option=com_gravefinder&Itemid=46

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cazay

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 October 05 07:31 BST (UK) »
Found this today for you  - 

Aubrey Raymond Jurd married Jane Johns 27 October 1922

Ref  1922/003531

Couldn't  find a death up to 1959.  If you send for his army record it should have an address at time of enlistment and during his service.

There is an entry on whitsundayislands.com (Keyser island) for Aubrey R Jurd,  this area is only about three hours south of Townsville where he enlisted. Maybe he still has family in the area.  You could try whitepages.

Hope this gets you started

Cazay

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Essex; Livermore, Barker  Norfolk; Wood, Lack, Spurgeon, Long Wiltshire; Ricketts, Sealey, Dew  Lincs; Drage  Cumberland; McNicol, Bowman  Lancashire; Brogden, Davis

Offline Mungbeans

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 October 05 05:27 BST (UK) »
Dear Cazay and Trish,

I know one branch of the Jurd family moved to Queensland and some are buried at Esk cemetery.   There are so many branches to this family I will be spending the rest of my life tracking them all down.

Thank you for your help.

Leonie
(was 'spunkymungbeans') Price (Bristol), Pow (Scotland), Neilson (Scotland), Cooper (Yorkshire), Laister (Yorkshire/Nottingham/Lincolnshire)
Lookups:  NSW & Norfolk Musters to 1828; Rookwood Cemetery and Woronora Cemetery transcriptions and grave photographs - post at Australian Emigrants board

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 December 05 01:13 GMT (UK) »
I knew an Aubrey Jurd,   one married to Jane. I last knew him when he lived at Windsor Brisbane.  He played the music for my parents wedding at St.Peter's Townsville in 1930, his sister Daphne was a bridesmaid. He was also a composer of music.  He and his wife had two children Naylene and Milton.  Their son Milton was killed in WW11 overseas in the airforce.  Naylene now lives in Perth W.A. and has two daughters.  If this is your man let me know and I can probably locate Naylene.  If I rack my old brain I may remember Jane's Maiden name.  there are some advantages to being aged!
Mama
Botfield (Bethnal Green) Feltham (Corton Wilts) Shaw Sutcliffe Berry Hartley(Huddersfield) Larsen(Morup Swed.)

Offline Mungbeans

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 December 05 04:46 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mama,

This is indeed the Aubrey Jurd I am researching.  Thank you for the additional information about him.  I already had his son down, as I had found his war record online, but didn't know about the other children.

I would love to hear from them.

Cheers
Leonie

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 December 05 05:15 GMT (UK) »
I have contacted his granddaughter in Perth to see whether she contacts you through Rootsweb or is happy for me to give you her email site.  Otherwise can I send her your email address?
Mama
Botfield (Bethnal Green) Feltham (Corton Wilts) Shaw Sutcliffe Berry Hartley(Huddersfield) Larsen(Morup Swed.)

Offline mama

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 12 December 05 01:39 GMT (UK) »
Leone,
Clare Buising is the grandaughter of Aubrey Jurd and has given permission for me to give you her email address.It is as follows:
I believe Aubrey Raymond Jurd also had a brother in Brisbane because I knew of his daughter Iris.  I'm sure Clare will be able to help you.
Good luck,
mama

Offline Mungbeans

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 December 05 01:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for helping with this.  I'll contact her today.

Cheers
Leonie