Author Topic: 1901 Census for Todd  (Read 8857 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census for Todd
« Reply #18 on: Friday 09 December 05 12:48 GMT (UK) »
I'm getting all excited for you  ;D!

I've ordered via http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificate/index.asp#0 before. Remember the district is Barrow F (for Barrow in Furness) and  it spans the boundaries of  Cumbria and Lancashire.

By the way some Frederick's also turned up in Barrow at 1901. One worked in shipping and was right age for  your Frederick Henry.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 09 December 05 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Even more excited for you now - someone on another site has kindly checked the 1901 Census for me - will PM you all the details.

;D

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
  • Beauty fades, dumb is forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 09 December 05 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Blimey  :o

How can I ever thank you guys - thats definately him - no doubts about it.

He has been such a mystery to us - my mum's memories were so vague as she was very young when he took ill.

It means such a lot to me to know where he came from - and now I know.

I am 110% positive thats him - the names are all correct and the dates all fit.

Thank you so much.

Janice

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 09 December 05 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Having a wee blubb now  ::)!!

What I am like!

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 09 December 05 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Awww...don't  :'(. But I do know how you feel...funny how this family history research really tugs at us sometimes.

PM me your email address and I will forward a copy of the actual census.

By the way, I note it shows the children before Herbert as all being born Ireland. Remember, this may not be totally accurate (not unusual with Census returns) and so worth still checking Barrow for some of the siblings births just in case.

Guess you will be glad you found Rootschat!

ps

A longshot, but  a John Henry Todd married in County Antrim in 1886 and a Susan McMeekin married in County Antrim in 1886. Can't tell if it was to each other but has to be a strong possibility. Would fit in with their daughter being born c1888. Will PM you later (off to have dinner) with details of how to get Certificate info.

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 09 December 05 21:28 GMT (UK) »
That would be great - I really want to buy the certificates.

Sounds like you've found John and Susans marriage details too.

You're a wee star  :-*

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 10 December 05 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Yayyy got to see the marriage details and it's the correct people  :D

It has generated more questions for me though  ::)

On the extract is states the bride and grooms age as FA what does that mean?

Also it states the names of both their fathers but not their mothers - why would that happen? Does that mean both mothers had passed away?  :-\

Sorry to be asking so many questions, you guys must think I'm some sort of weird Scottish forum stalker by now  :), it's just that you all seem to know what's going on.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 11 December 05 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant that it was your couple  ;D.

Unfortunately, Irish records are not reknowned for providing as much info as Scottish ones. FA means Full Age (usually 21yrs or over) and lack of mothers' names usually just means they were not recorded and nothing more sinister.

Has it at least given you addresses/townland names and possibly a church name, as these would help you with taking your research further back and witness names (I had one this week that doesn't even give the fathers' name or any address for bride or groom nor church name, nor witness names - aaaarrrghh).

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 11 December 05 22:59 GMT (UK) »
I've been away for the week end so the first thing i did when i got home was to check this wee posting to see if ya got any more news, my you two have been busy would bring a tear to a glass eye.  :'(   i notice you were asking about the mothrs names on marriage certs I've noticed that here in northern ireland that the only time the mothers name was on the cert was if the bride and or groom were under 21 i may be wrong but any i have seen have been this way.

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .