Author Topic: Bourdot Family in Belfast  (Read 23103 times)

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
Re: Bourdot Family in Belfast
« Reply #45 on: Monday 04 January 10 05:52 GMT (UK) »
Yes Albert is in Waikumete.  I think we as a family must be extremely miserly.  I have seen the headstones for the Fright girls but none for any Bourdots (as such).  Like once you're dead, you're dead so everyone move on  :P.  Must remember to get myself a honking great mausoleum just to prove a point  ;D.

Don't know how Albert got the babysitting job in WW1.  He wasn't young so that may have been a factor.  I know I've seen his papers but can't remember anything (being readable) about it.  May have to have another look now that they are being slowly digitised.

Cheers
Bunny 8)
Finey - Hants, Sussex, Portsmouth area
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
Bourdot - N.Ireland/France
McKinley - N.Ireland
Quelch - Northamptonshire

Offline Spike_nz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 05 January 10 06:06 GMT (UK) »
Yes Waikumete, Thanks I've Found it now

Bit surprised that there was no head stone for Samuel Ralston Bourdot Senior tho, or any of the others buried in that plot, apart from the one for Annie. I used the advance search option on CHCH city council website http://librarydata.christchurch.org.nz/Cemeteries/Search.asp
and found that there are others buried in that plot Sarrah Hannah Hellingworth, Richard O’Connor, Julia Neil etc. Any relation?

Jess :)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 05 January 10 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jess

I haven't visited Addington cemetery or have any photographs from there, I've only got as far as printing out online information on those family members so hopefully Bunny can help you with those other names  :-\

Disappointing about the lack of headstones, have no idea why my grandparents didn't have one, my dad was an only child and his mother remarried but was buried with her first husband. Her second husband has a plot and headstone nearby and buried with his first wife. Lots of questions but no one to ask ... dad has been gone 40 years, mum 25 years, they do have a headstone  :) mare

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 05 January 10 07:15 GMT (UK) »
Oooo...must confess that I didn't actually know there were more there.  They are not relatives.  Most of them had been buried for a good while (1875) too so maybe they were reselling the space on top?  408A and B are there alright, big flat double slab with Annie's name on the plaque at the bottom.  No headstone.  May have been a double for Annie and Albert but Samuel died first and Albert remarried...maybe Samuel was buried there for economy's sake (they were Irish after all).  Would have to do some more research into Addington Cemetery to find out the whole story.  Emma is buried further down from Annie and has a lovely ornate grave with a tower-like headstone and fencing...all of which is crumbling away.  It used to be out in the open but when I went back years later the tree opposite had just shot away and just about covers the site.  Took me ages to find it again!  I believe the brothers paid for those gravesites just because they do have something there.  I just think the rest of us were antisocial to the max!
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
McKinley - N.Ireland

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 09 January 10 01:52 GMT (UK) »

.............(they were Irish after all)....

What does that mean?

Dara.

Offline Infobunny

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Plant more trees!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 10 January 10 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Dara,

My apologies if you were offended.  I was just talking.

Bunny 8)
Squire - Devon
Jackson - London
Leach/Prague - India
McKinley - N.Ireland

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 10 January 10 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Not offended at all, just curious.

Do Irish people have a reputation in NZ for being tight with money?

Interesting viewpoint.

Dara.

Offline desmay2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 25 March 10 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Trying to track down the Church where Samuel Ralston BOURDOT was baptised 6 Jan 1863 - father's name the same. Any ideas please?

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 05 August 10 00:35 BST (UK) »
There is a Samuel Ralston Bourdot married to Servilla Eve Coleman 1900 in New Zealand they had at least Louis Claude Bourdot (1904-1974) Samuel and Servilla are buried at Oneils Point cemetery.
BUT there is a Servilla Bede Bourdot born to Ralston Bourdot and Eleanor Eudoia in 1910.
HOLY BAPTISM". "Servilla Bede Bourdot. Jackson McKinley Bourdot. Tauranga 1913 (papers past)
Colin