Author Topic: major challenge,in australia, fancy taking it on  (Read 4318 times)

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
major challenge,in australia, fancy taking it on
« on: Sunday 19 March 06 03:32 GMT (UK) »
relations of my stepfather living in a place called monto, queensland, they were brothers and sheep farmers, names TOM AND JOHN either murphy or taylor never married, my parents visited them about 1970tys they died not long after that, from what i understand they left the farm to a female housekeeper. is this a big challenge or what??   but  i am hoping someone out there in the wilds of os can help.  cheers, and hooroo, kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: major challenge,in australia, fancy taking it on
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 March 06 03:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kali

Don't know if the following people can help you but maybe worth a try.

http://www.monto.qld.gov.au/contact/montohistoryvisitorcentre.htm

Cheers

Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 March 06 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Gennig, thank you for that,
                                           I have emailed them and hope for a response, but  i wont hold my breath as it is a rather hopeless search, but thanks again for your input i will now just wait.  kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline johnwaoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 March 06 07:37 BST (UK) »
What information are you looking for?

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 March 06 19:01 BST (UK) »
hello johnwaoz,
                          anything i can find about tom and john taylor, sheep farmers in monto, my step fathrs relations, i know nothing about my step father and thought if i could find info on the two taylor brothers it might lead me to my step fathers family, in england, cheers, kali.

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 March 06 19:04 BST (UK) »
Have you got your step fathers birth certificate? That will get you back a generation and hopefully from there into the 1901 census.

Anna x
McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Holmes - Bawdsey, Suffolk
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Collett - Bredon, Worcester
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Rogerson - Dumfries and Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 March 06 19:23 BST (UK) »
im sorry i have no info of him or his family whatsoever only that the family were from somerset and two brothers went to monto and had a sheep farm, they never married and when they died abt 1970tys the farm was given to the housekeeper. that is it, pretty hopeless really but have to give it a try.

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The Cantwell Knights of Strongbow 1170
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 05:47 BST (UK) »
relations of my stepfather living in a place called monto, queensland, they were brothers and sheep farmers, names TOM AND JOHN either murphy or taylor never married, my parents visited them about 1970tys they died not long after that, from what i understand they left the farm to a female housekeeper. is this a big challenge or what??   but  i am hoping someone out there in the wilds of os can help.  cheers, and hooroo, kali.

Dear Kali,

G'day.  In order for you to find out more information on these people, it will be required to confirm their surname as either Murphy or Taylor.  Otherwise it will be a wild goose chase.

The following link is for researching family history - births, deaths and marriages that occurred in Queensland, Australia.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/bdm/research.htm

As you can only find out death information up to the year 1964, it will be best if you work backwards from your stepfather.  Then you can go sideways.

Tata4now, Allycat.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 March 06 19:44 BST (UK) »
thank you allycat for that information, i think i may have got a loser with this line of investigation but will carry on for a while and see what crops up, cheers, kali.