Author Topic: Look Up Request:Parish Records, Lancashire, surname BEETLE  (Read 1668 times)

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Look Up Request:Parish Records, Lancashire, surname BEETLE
« on: Wednesday 21 June 06 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am hoping that someone can help me find more information on this family.  The father's name is Peter Beetle born 1806. Lancashire and the mother's name is Ellen born 1810 in Lancashire.  I have been unable to locate them in the 1851 census; however in 1841, they were in Wigan, Lancashire.  They had two daughters in the 1841 census, Ann (b. 1838) and Alice (b. 1832).  Alice Beetle married Matthew Hill in Wigan, Lancashire, England around March 1848.  I have found this branch of the family (Hill-Beetle) in all census records available from 1841 forward.  I am hoping that someone might have access to the parish records to locate Peter Beetle's marriage to Ellen; and their birth registries.  Many thanks, Rhondda
Green (Glamorgan)<br />Hunt (Taff Well, Pontypridd, Bethnal Green)<br />Pugsley (Bristol) Aston (Pontycymmer)<br />Winn,<br />Springer<br />Spearing<br />Barnett<br />Hickey<br />McCann<br />Broadbent (Oldham)<br />Census information for  U.K. data is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Canadian census information: copyright Government of Canada (Library  Archives Canada) <br />Every reasonable effort has been made to verify copyright/source information

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Request:Parish Records, Lancashire, surname BEETLE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 20:04 BST (UK) »
Rhondda
There is a marriage on the IGI for Nov 1830 Peter Beetle and Ellen Heyes at Prescot

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 June 06 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Dotty, Thanks, but I'm not sure if that is them.  It indicates they passed away in 1870 but that doesn't match up with what I have found for the family.  I have Peter Beetle passing away between 1871-1881 and Ellen passing away between 1881-1891.  Any suggestions? Thanks, Rhondda
Green (Glamorgan)<br />Hunt (Taff Well, Pontypridd, Bethnal Green)<br />Pugsley (Bristol) Aston (Pontycymmer)<br />Winn,<br />Springer<br />Spearing<br />Barnett<br />Hickey<br />McCann<br />Broadbent (Oldham)<br />Census information for  U.K. data is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Canadian census information: copyright Government of Canada (Library  Archives Canada) <br />Every reasonable effort has been made to verify copyright/source information

Offline eejayess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 January 10 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rhondda,
Not been on here for a long time but just saw your post about the name Beetle, well I can give you some info.

Peter Beetle and Ellen Heyes were my 2xgrandparents their daughter Ann married Thomas Daniels in Wigan 1854.
Peter Beetle died 16th March 1872 and his wife Ellen died 17th Aug. 1886. In the 1881 census she was living 21 Bishop St. Parr St.Helens with Thomas and Ann Daniels age 70.
Peter and Ellen married 14th Nov. 1930 in Prescot.
Hope this answers some of your questions
Edna

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 January 10 02:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Edna, Just to confirm, Peter and Ellen married 14th Nov 1830 in Prescot?  This is my step-mom's ancestors so I was trying to help her with the research :o)  Thanks for responding! Rhondda