Author Topic: Ginno - Crayford, Bexley & Woolwich  (Read 6388 times)

Offline kesaunders79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ginno - Crayford, Bexley & Woolwich
« on: Saturday 30 October 04 21:30 BST (UK) »
Seeking marriage information on Thomas Ginno who died December 1804 and buried at Crayford.  He married Elizabeth, maiden name unknown who was born about 1775 at Crayford. Their Children were born Crayford between 1795 & 1805.  Their youngest son Thomas Frederick Ginno (1805) was of Bexley, later Woolwich where the family remained afterwards.
Saunders, Curnow, Willcocks, Ginno, Hatt, Pleming, Mutton, A'lee, Robinson, Mullins, Reed, Dingle, Elphick, Shepherd, Rogers, Dyer, Pomeroy.

Offline cie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Ginno - Crayford, Bexley & Woolwich
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 December 04 05:22 GMT (UK) »
Re: Topic: GINNO - Crayford, Bexley & Woolwich, I cannot help with your request, but wondered if you have more recent information on this family. I recently discovered that the first wife of Thomas MOOREY in Woolwich 1946 was Elsie GINNO. She died about four years later of TB leaving one son. This is the first time I'd heard of this name, do you where it originated?
Kent - BUTLER, MOOREY, Surrey - MESSENGER, REED, Suffolk - DEATH, Berkshire - COX, Middlesex - 
DEATH, Monmouthshire - PRICE, DEATH, JONES.

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 December 04 09:02 GMT (UK) »
You will need to see the Crayford Parish registers:
http://www.kfhs.org.uk/
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kesaunders79

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 December 04 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Yes I do have an Elsie Ginno in my tree as having died abt 1948-1950.  A cousin must of given me that info.  She was born 1925 Woolwich and was the daughter of Lewis & Nora Ginno and works out to be a 3rd cousin twice removed from me!

It is a very unusual name and we can trace our family back to a Thomas Ginno who died 1804 in Craford, Kent.  We are led to beleive that it is of Italian origin, which it sounds.

What info. do you have on her please?

Thanks
Kieran
Saunders, Curnow, Willcocks, Ginno, Hatt, Pleming, Mutton, A'lee, Robinson, Mullins, Reed, Dingle, Elphick, Shepherd, Rogers, Dyer, Pomeroy.

Offline bratman91

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 10:29 GMT (UK) »
One of my ancestors is, I believe, a Thomas Frederick Ginno who, according to the records I have, married Elizabeth.  Thomas was buried on 27 December 1804 at Crayford. His widow, Elizabeth, married John Soul at Crayford on 4 July 1808.
The youngest son of Thomas and Elizabeth was Thomas Frederick. He was born on 17 July 1805 at Crayford, baptised on 4 April 1805 and had the occupation of a "coalman/carman". He married Sarah Laurence on 18 February 1827 at St Nicholas church, Plumstead. He died on 3 March 1876 at 15 Herdens, Manorway, Charlton. I have a fairly complete family tree of the Ginno family starting from Thomas and Elizabeth and can provide you with a copy if you would like it.

Offline bratman91

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 November 09 10:39 GMT (UK) »
My branch of the Ginno family had long thought that that the name was of Italian origin. However, more recently, evidence suggests that it may be an Anglicised version of a French name such as Ginneau or Ginneaux. Two of the possibilities are that this came to England by way of French POW's of the Napoleonic wars or Huguenot asylum seekers.

Offline magpie2000

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 December 09 17:32 GMT (UK) »
this could be of interest...

http://www.familyrecollections.co.uk

Offline thetrout

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'd be very interested in the Ginno family tree you offered.

I am researching Somers and Hortis and both families have a link to the Ginno's in Woolwich.

Caroline Hortis married a James P Somers, whos mother was Emma Ginno, and her brother Stephen Hortis married James cousin Elsie Ginno.

Regards

Darren

Offline kjmoorey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 05 June 14 06:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,I am the son mentioned in the post my mother Elsie Moorey nee Ginno died on the 14th December 1950 and I would be grateful for any information about her, in particular her birthday I know she was born in 1925 and that is really all I know as I was only 3 at the time she died many thanks.