Author Topic: Anyone require photos taken  (Read 19423 times)

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone require photos taken
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 05 October 06 16:29 BST (UK) »
Pentio

Thank you for looking and thank you Saz for thanking Pentio for me....as I have been in bed with the flu....... :'(......up and bit better now....so back to the rellies hunt  ;D

could there be another Botanical Gardens?

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 05 October 06 20:23 BST (UK) »
Steve

i have sent you a pm re this ....speak to you soon

pentio.

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 06 October 06 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Pentio

I remember going to zoo as a child (not that long ago!) and remember a lovely warm part, close to the heffalumps, which I think was refered to as the botanic gardens.

I also feel sure I have a photo of it somewhere - probably packed away with the rest!!!!!

Thanks for all your help

saz ;D
antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 07 October 06 12:19 BST (UK) »
Saz :)

I will have a look around the zoo to see if i can find anything for you......speak to you soon.

pentio

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 11 October 06 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Pentio

Grumpy old woman is back (briefly as I dont move til Tuesday!)

I am getting grumpier I am afraid! Electrician has floor boards up, husband and me painting - very slowly due to his bad back and my trapped nerve in shoulder, carpet appears delivery delayed and work is a pain in the a**e!!!! Apart from that I am in a great mood!!!

Don't get too caught up in our search ie zoo cos I know the weather there (and here) is awful at the moment - wait till New Year when spring is on way and weather starts to improve!!

Hope you and family are well

saz (GOW) ;D ;D ;D ;D

antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 12 October 06 13:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Saz :)

have the afternoon off work and as its a lovely day i am heading off to the Zoo to see if i can find this elusive water fountain.....  new year.....couldn't let you wait that long...........as you say the weather has been awful ..........will let you know tonight if i find anything............re working in the house painting etc can be a right pain but all the hard work and effort will be worth it in the end.

family are all well

pentio. ;D ;D

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 12 October 06 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Saz....Steve :)

I went to the Zoo this afternoon and could not find any water fountain.......there are no gardens in the complex similar to Botanic in Belfast.

I spoke to a member of staff who informed me that she didn't know of any water fountains in the zoo complex.

She gave me a telephone number for the Parks Dept in Belfast ..........i called them and a lady who works there told me she knew there was a water fountain in Dunville Park which is on the Grosvenor Road opposite the Royal Victoria Hospital........other than that she couldn't give me any other details.

The lady gave me a number for one of the park rangers who works there......will give him a call tomorrow and see what he knows about it.........i know its a long shot but its worth a call.......

sorry Ive drawn another blank :( but if you can think of anything else re this fountain please let me know.........it's out there somewhere and i would love to find it for you.

speak to you soon

best wishes

pentio. :)

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 12 October 06 19:05 BST (UK) »
Pentio  ;D

You star you...thank you's are never going to be enough

Had an hour or two chit chatting with me Da and he says it was a drinking fountain......and had a placket on it saying it had been donated by Annie McDowell.....and he remmembers it being on the Omoer Road side of the gardens......the river side by Queens.

He always talked about this before he became unwell......so not really sure if he is remmembering more details now.......he has been dead on recently...surprizingly ;D

steve

<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 12 October 06 19:23 BST (UK) »
Steve :)

Thats great news we now have something concrete.........i will go over at the weekend and have a good hunt for it.........will take my camera and get a few pics for you should i find it............good old dad .........i knew something would turn up.............glad to hear he is keeping better...........

talk to you on Sunday.....keep you fingers crossed :)

pentio. ;D ;D