Author Topic: Monumental inscriptions Iver and High Wycombe Bucks  (Read 5262 times)

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
Monumental inscriptions Iver and High Wycombe Bucks
« on: Tuesday 13 March 07 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone happen to have the monumental Inscriptions for St Peters Church Iver
as i am looking for the following person who was buried there

John Lewin 2nd Jan 1841 aged 49

Also looking for another in High Wycombe
John LEWIN  14 Jun 1843 Aged 85  High Wycombe  All Saints

Regards Ian Markie
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline Bucksgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Monumental inscriptions Iver and High Wycombe Bucks
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 April 07 14:42 BST (UK) »
Bucks Family History Society have St Peters & St Stephens RC Church MIs
Dundas, Angus Scotland / Earp, Staffs / Langford, London / Kipling, Hull /  Peel, Cumber / Green & Common, Northumb / Raw, Yorks / Ball, Stevens, Folly, Morrice, Montague, Beeson, Peedle, Peddle & Tucker all Bucks

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 April 07 14:59 BST (UK) »
Yes i have conntacted them, but they wont give me the info unless i become a member.  :'( and i am already a member of the Northants fhs, and it seems to be an expensive way round in getting info that may or may not be the person i am seeking. so i hope that someone may just have the info or is already researching the name Lewin and just happens to have it.
Well one can hope.

I thought that i would give this a bash just incase.

With kind regards
Ian
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 April 07 15:55 BST (UK) »
I thought they did searches for a small fee

I am sure I got one done

Bob
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 April 07 16:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that piece of info as i was not told that, and that would be much better, i will see what happens.
Thank you very much.
Regards Ian

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 April 07 17:35 BST (UK) »
I can have a look next time I go to the RO.  If the FHS has the MI's they will be transcribed and hels at the Bucks RO.

Jo

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 April 07 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Jo
That would be wonderful if you could find out if they do have the MI there and a quick look.
as i hope that this John Lewin is the Husband of Elizabeth and the son of John Lewin and Sarah.
As if it is then that his a hugh piece of info.
with kind regards
Ian

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 April 07 14:10 BST (UK) »
Lovely summer day today so thought I would walk into town and visit the RO.

I checked all the transcribed MI's and there is nothing for Iver or High Wycombe.

I asked the assistant and she confirmed that all the MI's the FHS have are given to the RO office but it may be a new one. I am going again on Tuesday when I have a film reader booked and can check the burials to see if there is any more information. I had a look on the FHS database and the NBI have the correct details.

According to Genuk St Peters has been transcribed by Bucks Geneagolist Society 1605 to 1840. So that would not be much good to you I'm afraid.

Jo

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 April 07 14:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jo
I see th bucks fhs has stopped just short, LOL my luck.
I think now my only chance is as you say would be the Burial entry.
If only he had lived for a few more months so he could of appeared on the census...
Thank you Jo, But dont waste too much time on him, as i am sure you have a lot of your own to do as well.
But like i say if you do get the chance then yet again i would be extremly grateful.
With Kind Regards
Ian