Author Topic: My DEAL surname interests  (Read 21826 times)

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My DEAL surname interests
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hello, SAlty
Been trawling through records re the surnames you're looking for and have listed a few.
IRELAND. Not a large family at all. I have the children of George & Elsie IRELAND: Dorothty born 1923 and Nancy born 1927.

O,NEIL (various spellings)

Peter O'NEIL married Ann JURRITE in 1830

HARVEY (much bigger family)

Jesse & Frances had Arthur 1883, Charles 1878, Emily 1871, Ethel 1888, Frederick 1876, Herbert 1874, William 1870.
Other parents around the same period were Henry & Elizabeth, Alexander & Mary and John & Frances.

NORRIS is a huge family and I won't attempt to list anything without knowing where to start.

If the above are any help to you I can expand on details

Regards

Alastair

Offline brit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 29 May 11 19:48 BST (UK) »
Was trawling through Kent when I spotted the name Lardy Dadd. My mother often talked about him and I believe I actually met him many manyy years ago. My g'father Joseph T Sponder (born 1872 Walmer)was on the Walmer lifeboat the John Dibdon (think the first name is correct) so may have been some connection. Will email my aunt who is 93 to see if she can shed some light on Lardy Dadd and family. My surname interests are Sponder.
Worcestershire:Bradley, Scotland: Graham, England?: Shelley. Yorkshire: Rycroft, Kent: Sponder

Offline manofkent1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 19 June 11 01:12 BST (UK) »
Regarding Lardy Dadd.I spent my first 25years closely associated with Lardy and his brother Fred. He used to live at 58 York Road and I lived at 52A York Road. I have a few photos and many memories that I can share with you.

Offline manofkent1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 05:15 BST (UK) »
The Walmer lifeboat men lived close to the lifeboat area.My mother told me that Lardy Dadd got his nickname because as a young boy he had blonde hair and a rather fatty face that resembled a block of lard.His brother Fred lived with his mother in the small detached cottage just opposite 62 York Road. When she passed away Fred went and lived with Lardy and his wife Nell at 58 York Road.The old lifeboat coxain Joe Mercer lived in the old boatmans rooms at 1 Wollaston Road and their daughter lived in 36 York Road. Slam Axon lived at 8 York Road and Tom Heard at 67 York Road. I have a few very nice photos of Joe Mercer in my collection.

Offline brit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 21:00 BST (UK) »
Not sure where my last post went to, but my aunt who is 93 said she remembers Lardy (John) Dadd. He was about the same age as her brother Reg whose nickname was 'doctor' She doesnt know why. Lardy caught some sharks and humg them on the quay as they were not seen in that area. Lardy went to Canada Rd school. My g'parents lived at 13 York Rd - Joseph & Isabella Sponder. Kathy Hall lived a couple of doors away  she was my mothers friend.
Worcestershire:Bradley, Scotland: Graham, England?: Shelley. Yorkshire: Rycroft, Kent: Sponder

Offline earlybay68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 14:41 GMT (UK) »
The Walmer lifeboat men lived close to the lifeboat area.My mother told me that Lardy Dadd got his nickname because as a young boy he had blonde hair and a rather fatty face that resembled a block of lard.His brother Fred lived with his mother in the small detached cottage just opposite 62 York Road. When she passed away Fred went and lived with Lardy and his wife Nell at 58 York Road.The old lifeboat coxain Joe Mercer lived in the old boatmans rooms at 1 Wollaston Road and their daughter lived in 36 York Road. Slam Axon lived at 8 York Road and Tom Heard at 67 York Road. I have a few very nice photos of Joe Mercer in my collection.

Hi there.....
I'm researching my relatives and Joe Mercer was my Great Great Great Uncle - if you dont mind I'd love to see some photos of him as my daughter is really keen to find out more - FYI my Nan was Doris Mercer born in Gillingham and her mum was born in Deal/Walmer.

Thanks

Spencer Parker

Offline manofkent1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 18 February 12 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Spencer,
I'll get my albums out and sort through them for you.

Keith

Offline earlybay68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 19 February 12 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,

This is great many thanks for your help in advance.

Spencer

Offline manofkent1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Spencer,

I have found the photos but can't seem to be able to load them on this site.
Can you send me your email address and I will send them by email.

Keith