Author Topic: TREASE/TRAIES continued...  (Read 99469 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TREASE/TRAIES continued...
« Reply #351 on: Friday 20 November 09 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bob

Thanks for that, I recently downloaded the Mary Traies burial 1828 to my just in case pile and I feel she must have been a child of James.  That reminds me to try and find a baptism for her again. 

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: Saturday 12 June 10 11:08 BST (UK) »
Result!!!!

For anyone still following this thread, I have at last found the burial of Jane Traies who was born to James and Hannah in 1809.

She was buried at Whitefield's memorial church on 23 Feb 1810, at Camden and of St Pancras.

That is thanks to new non conformist records on Ancestry ;D

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline gardenerbob

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: Sunday 13 June 10 10:16 BST (UK) »
Dear Kerry,

Well spotted - have added to website.

Yesterday added more about the Wivell family but nothing that would particularly interest others on this thread.

Regards,

Bob

Offline gardenerbob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: Friday 13 August 10 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi,

While searching for something completely different I spotted the following references which I think are part of James Traies ancestry:-

1. Administration of Samuel Traise of Exeter 1766. (Devonshire Wills and Administrations - British Record Society 1908)
The last child christened of Samuel Traies, whom we think was James's grandfather was James Traies christened on 18May1766 in Exeter. Therefore the administration of Samuel Traise of Exeter in 1766 exactly fits what we would expect. Unfortunately the admon. documents appear to have been destroyed in the Exeter blitz.
2. 1803 - Devon and Exeter Militia List (per Ancestry website)
* Samuel Trays    Fuller - I think this may refer to James' Father.
* James Trays Tin Man 1--- I do not understand this reference fully but we know that James was a tin plate worker. This reference may refer to his uncle James and explain why James followed that occupation.
Have added to the website
http://www.trease.org.uk/traies/txt/txt17s_ec.htm

That's all for now.

Regards,

Bob.

Offline AustralianJan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: Saturday 14 August 10 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob, Kerry, Deb and ....

I came across your chat room and cannot believe the amount of info you have managed to collate on the Traies family. As I read through I think "yes it is all falling into place" and then the confusion sets in - which William or Sarah or ...?

I am researching Sarah Traies b.c 1790 and married William Underhill 27/3/1808 in Crediton. One of their children, Kezia, married William Gear and came to Australia in January 1871 on the "Lady Cairns".

I came across Samuel Traies' will where he potentially makes Sarah Underhill a beneficiary. I am trying to establish the connection between Samuel, William the executor and artist, Hannah Legg nee Traies and Ann Middlewick. Hopefully this may lead me to Sarah's parents or I guess with all your reseach you may know anyway.

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance and if ever you need anything looked up down under don't hesitate to let me know

Regards
Jan

Offline gardenerbob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: Saturday 14 August 10 18:11 BST (UK) »
Dear Jan and others on this thread,

Jan - I have sent you a PM with hopefully all the information you need including a 'tentative' tree showing the relationship between Sarah Underhill nee Traies and William Traies the artist.

Since my previous post I have looked at the transcription of the 1803 Militia List for Holy Trinity Parish, Exeter on GENUKI.  Unfortunately it fails to say what Class James falls into but the '1---' after his name on Ancestry implies that he is class 1 which is for unmarried males age 17 - 30. If the James on the list is in that class he is almost certainly our James, the son of Samuel.

Bob

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: Saturday 14 August 10 20:33 BST (UK) »
Evening all

Firstly welcome Jan to the Traies family  :)

NB: If you want to reply to Bob's private message you will need to make 3 postings on the boards. 

Bob if I am correct, you are saying our James (he of the many wives) was in the Militia in Exeter in 1803.  That's closing in on the date for his marriage to Hannah.  Must have been somewhere between 1803 and 1809 then.  Seems his son, James must have followed in his footsteps then!

I have been busy looking at the probate calendar just released on Ancestry this week and the only Traies that bears any relation to any of my lot that left a will appears to be Henry (son of James) I might at some point order the will but it joins a bit of a que!

There were a number of others related to the other group of Traies in the London area.

Kerry

Offline AustralianJan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: Saturday 14 August 10 22:57 BST (UK) »
Well it is 8am Sunday morning here. What a wonderful wake to wake up. I have been sleeping while you guys have been working on my problems. Thank you ever so much. I will spend the  day digesting the information and will get back to you

Cheers
Jan

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: Sunday 15 August 10 01:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Tra**s people

I need to catch up with the new info ....

do we need to find anything in particular?....just remember ... Traies is the MOST weirdly enumerated name  ;D

I think it may be fun to go through this thread and the previous one and see how badly they were transcribed !!! ummmm ...if I have time one day I may make this my mission LOL

as always

Deb the wanna be Traies person  ;)

PS ... WELCOME JAN! :)
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk