Author Topic: John Landrum/Landrim  (Read 9630 times)

Offline Sandgrounder1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Landrum/Landrim
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Yes, the Conways are mine.  Also living on the other side of the Landrums are the Sweeneys who are also mine.  Which leads me to believe they were related in some way.

I already have the census details but thanks for the offer.

I'm surprised that you say that Mary isn't on the BMD indexes - mine are also Catholics and they do appear.  I'll look at the detail again and see what I can find.
If your friend wants any more information let me know.

Sandgrounder
CONWAY, Westport, Mayo; TEALE, Salford, Manchester; GILCHRIST, Edinburgh; GRIFFITHS, East Stonehouse, Devon / Cardiff; VENNEN (and variations) Cornwall; TOY, Cornwall; ENGLAND, Cromer/Northrepps, Norfolk; LOFTUS, Cissie and Marie, Music Hall Artistes, Glasgow; PORTSWORTHY, Cornwall; SARCHFIELD, Manchester/Southport

Offline Sandgrounder1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 16:05 GMT (UK) »
Here we go again...

I think I know why you haven't been able to find Mary!!

Mar 23rd (Birth)  Mar 29th (bap) 1863
Mary Daly - no father listed!  Mother Elizabeth Daly
Witnesses Matthew Smith and Alice Moyle.

Hope this helps your friend.

Sandgrounder
CONWAY, Westport, Mayo; TEALE, Salford, Manchester; GILCHRIST, Edinburgh; GRIFFITHS, East Stonehouse, Devon / Cardiff; VENNEN (and variations) Cornwall; TOY, Cornwall; ENGLAND, Cromer/Northrepps, Norfolk; LOFTUS, Cissie and Marie, Music Hall Artistes, Glasgow; PORTSWORTHY, Cornwall; SARCHFIELD, Manchester/Southport

Offline Pughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 17:06 GMT (UK) »
HI Sandgrounder
Thank's for that, so the Marriage in 1868 is more of a probability, whether they had been living together before marriage or John Landrum has taken Mary on as his own, This still leaves William Landrum born abt 1856 Ireland who appears on the 1871 Census I suppose they could have been living together before they left Ireland.
Have you any thoughts on this?.
I will be seeing my friend this Friday I will ask him if he wants me to try & get some more information, for example the Marriage Cert. & Birth Cert for Mary.
Kind Regards
Pughy

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
the marriage certificate might show if John was a widower at marriage. They may have met in England - there is an Elizabeth Daly b 1833 in Wigan- but I realise she could be anyone. :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sandgrounder1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 January 09 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello again

I looked at the 1861 census with no luck.  Maybe John was a widower with a son when he met Elizabeth.  I suppose this could have been in Ireland or Lancashire.  Mary could have been theirs but as the marriage was a few years after Mary's birth it is probably more likely that Elizabeth had her daugher before meeting John.  As Heywood suggests, certificates are your best bet, also to try to chase up the couple's fathers and try to find if they were in Ireland or elsewhere in England.

Good luck!

Sandgrounder

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 January 09 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

Family Search IGI has some Landrums for Mayo- concentrated around Achill, one Westport and a Newport so Sandgrounder is in the right area with possible links.
There is a William but born 1866 - parents Richard and Maria (Sheridan). I thought Richard was unusual and it well may be a family name. There are other children to the same couple.
Griffiths Valuation only has a couple of Landrums in Achill- Alexander and Margaret as mentioned by Christopher earlier.
I just found this when I was googling:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=740ae0f912fcf440477881a12a9133ef&topic=350068.0
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Pughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 09 January 09 10:43 GMT (UK) »
HI Sandgrounder & Heywood
Thank's for your help I have sent for the Marriage Certificate for John & Elizabeth plus the Birth Certificate for Mary.I will let you know what info they give me.
Regards
Pughy

Offline Pughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 January 09 12:13 GMT (UK) »
HI Sandgrounder Heywood
Received the Marriage Cert. as you suspected Heywood John was a Widower, I then did a search on the Ancestry Death index for the Mary Landran which you gave me Sandgrounder it recorded her as Birth 1821 Death Reg 1866 age at Death 45yrs. I suspect that this could be John first wife I guess it means another Cert.
The Father were recorded as Robert Landrum Linen Weaver  & Michael Daley Farmer both deceased.
The witnesses were Bridget Neville & Janet Mc ???? I have attached this portion for your ideas of what it says, also in case they are names in your tree Sandgrounder.
Regards
Pughy

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 January 09 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Second witness looks like Jenet McGrath.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!