Author Topic: mcgarrell/wilson/trainor/trestrail/solomon  (Read 14152 times)

Offline Lib1299

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mcgarrell/wilson/trainor/trestrail/solomon
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 06 November 12 10:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kathleen, nice to hear from you.
I will indeed ask the Brookes family in Canada if they would like to converse with you.
George William Trestrail is my great grandfather, his daughter Dorothy is my grandmother but she sadly passed away when I was only 2 years old in 1973. The names William and George have been passed down through many generations, I have an uncle and cousin both named George.
I visited Lottie and family in Canada back in 1991, I stayed in her sons Douglas place just north of Toronto in a village called Kettleby, Lottie was a lovely lady, she died about 6 years ago.
The majority of my family all still live in the Gateshead area where my grandparents lived.
There are only 7 surviving out of the 13 children that my grandparents had,
Billy
Danny
Fred
John
Dorothy
Lottie
Lily (my mother).

I'm hoping that my cousin Linda will be able to locate her dads copy of our family tree because this is quite fascinating.
Take care,

William.

Offline seekingpauling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 07 November 12 07:03 GMT (UK) »
hi William
i remember my aunt Dorothy, but i was 11 when we emigrated to Australia in 1968, my grandmother live in leam lane estate.we lived in lobley hill.
grandma had Matilda (after her mother), thomas, James(jimmy) Danny, George (my dad)they are all dead now.
i have a cutting from the newspaper from when she turned 90 mentioning her 2 nieces in Canada.
i have a lot of info on the trestrails if you want it Linda also sent me the family tree.
I'm in touch with my cousin tom i can put you in contact with him if you want, also other grandchildren of lottie ( Caroline Charlotte).
do you no why Winny and lottie were sent to Canada after there mother died.
Kathleen

Offline DottyBoo

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 25 August 20 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi I know this is an old thread but hopefully I can make contact.
My mum was Marjorie Matilda Trestrai. Seems to be lots on here about her sisters Lottie and Winnie (in Canada) Isabelle (Worcester) and Dorothy (Gateshead).
I have dipped in to this before, (about 15 years ago) and
spoke with a cousin through her dad's 2nd marriage (which I think may have taken place before her mum  died. She had lots of info, but sadly I lost her details.
I'd just be interested to know about the family.
I always called my aunt Dorothy Nana  Dot.
I recall my aunt Lottie visiting..even that she came in to Prestwich airport. Her husband (uncle Jack??) was lots of fun.
I only visited Aunt Winnie once. Her husband was just lovely and I'm sure he visited us without her!
My mum may well have been the proverbial black sheep.
She had me later in life and I was only 22 when she died

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 26 August 20 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Dotty,

We have notified the member of your reply to the topic  :) Welcome to RootsChat I hope you receive a reply soon.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk