Author Topic: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Help offered  (Read 74097 times)

Offline drumnaferry rob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 12th July and Orange Lodges - Help offered
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 13 August 09 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Can you look up a lodge in Co,Down?
I was told my Great Grandfather Richard Robinson was in Lower Iveagh True Blues LOL 70 in around 1890/1930s
Think its in Lower Iveagh west 8 Dis,
Also his Grandson Richard Robinson was in the same Lodge around 1940s.
And Could you find out who the first members where?

Many thanks
Kind Regards
David R
Robinson.  Magheralin
Armstrong. Magheralin
McConnell. Magheralin
McFarland Belfast

Offline bradbrend

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 17 August 09 07:09 BST (UK) »
Hi fmni
Thank you for your offer. I am trying to find information on my grandfathers brother William Mullan (and any other siblings he may have had) The only information I can find of William is that he was born Galgorm Co Antrim 1872.
My grandfather Thomas Mullan dob18/7/1874 died 10/1/1944 and his 6 sons Hugh,William, Thomas,James, Adam & Henry were members of Cromkill (Co Antrim) LOL 543. I believe my grandfather was grandmaster for a time.
Thanking you
Little, Mullan/en/in, Johnston, Hyndman, Co Antrim
Thompson, Co Londonderry

Offline Bo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 19 September 09 06:50 BST (UK) »
Hi fmni
It was mentioned in our family that my granda was an 'Orange Man' and I am keen to take up your offer to help.  HIs name was Joseph Hamilton, Redcliffe Drive, and he died Feb 1959.  I would be keen on any info and indeed if there is a possibility of getting a photo etc.  I look forward to hearing from you.   :)

Offline gilesstacey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 19 September 09 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hello fmni

interesting offer of help about Lodges - my grandfather William John Sands was Master of No 12 LOL Bleary and I would like to find out more about that. His father in turn James Christopher Sands was involved in No 12 Lodge and I would like to find out whether he was also Master...
going even further back, I found out that a probable cousin to an ancestor of mine in the Lurgan area was Master in 1825 of Number 24 LOL, at that time, called Rose and Crown (part of Lord Lurgan's estate)...his name was William Capper....any information about him would also be really appreciated...thank you!!!!   

Offline lightbulb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 27 September 09 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hello. Can you find any information on this Lodge. Springdale Purple Star LoL # 942 Clifton Street? Me my Uncle and Father belonged to this Lodge for Years. I did write to the Orange Order last Year but did not get any replay's back.
chevron

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 05 October 09 21:45 BST (UK) »
I have lots of questions that I have asked from many lodges before but never have been able to get answers over the years

But at this moment.........I would like to know if there are list to whom were on number 1 lodge Tryone....

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 11:11 BST (UK) »
I have lots of questions that I have asked from many lodges before but never have been able to get answers over the years

But at this moment.........I would like to know if there are list to whom were on number 1 lodge Tryone....

Steve

Hi Steve,

There is no number 1 lodge in tyrone. There is Killyman District Number 1 in County Tyrone, but this is then made up of 18 lodges covering areas such as Coalisland, Dungannon, Newmills, Killyman, Tamnamore and Moygashel.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.
HILL - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: BANKS - Moira, Co. Down: ARMOUR - Lisburn, Co.Antrim: WALKER - Dromore, Co. Down: MAGEE - Lambeg, Co. Antrim: THOMPSON - Derriaghy/Magheragall, Co. Antrim: TITTERINGTON - Moira, Co. Down: McNEILL - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: SWAIN - Moira, Co. Down: IRVINE - CLONES, Co. Monaghan: TURNBULL - Lurgan, Co. Armagh: CARLISLE - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: MORROW, Lisburn, Co. Antrim: FORSYTHE - Magheralave, Co. Antrim: MARTIN - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: REILLY, Magheralin, Co. Down

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hello. Can you find any information on this Lodge. Springdale Purple Star LoL # 942 Clifton Street? Me my Uncle and Father belonged to this Lodge for Years. I did write to the Orange Order last Year but did not get any replay's back.
chevron

Springdale Purple Star are still going and are part of Clifton Street District No.4 - what in particular are you after?
HILL - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: BANKS - Moira, Co. Down: ARMOUR - Lisburn, Co.Antrim: WALKER - Dromore, Co. Down: MAGEE - Lambeg, Co. Antrim: THOMPSON - Derriaghy/Magheragall, Co. Antrim: TITTERINGTON - Moira, Co. Down: McNEILL - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: SWAIN - Moira, Co. Down: IRVINE - CLONES, Co. Monaghan: TURNBULL - Lurgan, Co. Armagh: CARLISLE - Lisburn, Co. Antrim: MORROW, Lisburn, Co. Antrim: FORSYTHE - Magheralave, Co. Antrim: MARTIN - Ballinderry, Co. Antrim: REILLY, Magheralin, Co. Down

Offline fmni

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 11:42 BST (UK) »
Hello fmni

interesting offer of help about Lodges - my grandfather William John Sands was Master of No 12 LOL Bleary and I would like to find out more about that. His father in turn James Christopher Sands was involved in No 12 Lodge and I would like to find out whether he was also Master...
going even further back, I found out that a probable cousin to an ancestor of mine in the Lurgan area was Master in 1825 of Number 24 LOL, at that time, called Rose and Crown (part of Lord Lurgan's estate)...his name was William Capper....any information about him would also be really appreciated...thank you!!!!   

I will look into this for you, certainly LOL 12 are still going and remain part of Lurgan District - their full title is "Bleary Crimson Star" - will see what I can come up with. I don't have LOL 24 listed here as still being active, but I understand from Grand Lodge that it is so will ask about them too when I'm speaking to my friend from Lurgan District. Cheers.