Author Topic: Richard Bithell  (Read 26133 times)

Offline Swanida

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Bithell
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 24 December 13 05:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello John and Frank,
 I found, in a copy of the Hawarden parish register, a marriage date for Richard Bithell and Mary Pierce, on 23 Oct 1723. The birth dates must be the ones that are wrong.

Linda

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 24 December 13 11:10 GMT (UK) »
http://freespace.virgin.net/jill.farndon25/B.html

You might find this of some use. It`s an index to names from Clwyd in the parish registers.
You need to cross reference the numbers before the parish name to see what Volume they refer to.

Use ctrl + f for the search box, there are many variations of the name, but a search for Bithell will put you in the right place to start. 
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline fbsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 30 December 13 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
What a great resource from the Clwyd Family History group.  It opens up many possibilities for tracking the Bithells in Hawarden and earlier.  I shall have to get to work in the new year.
I have been working on trying to identify all my sixteen gg grandparents.  It was a really good way to take advantage of the yearlong subscription to Ancestry, given by my daughter last Christmas. I still have one or two loose ends, but I hope to tie them up shortly.
I am afraid that the Bithell Family Narrative disappeared from the internet when my free account was terminated.  Does anyone have a suggestion of where to publish it now?  I would like it to be widely available, without incurring charges to readers, nor to me.

Frank
Bithell

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 30 December 13 14:37 GMT (UK) »
I`m not sure what you mean by narrative.
I use Scribd for any stories / information I have.
There is no charge and it is up to you how you want to make it available.

http://www.scribd.com/wilcoxon92/documents
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Raybistre

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 17 April 15 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I'm new on here but not new to family history research.
I'm descended from Richard Bithell baptised in the parish of Hawarden in 1768. He married Mary Carn in 1790 and had 6 children by her. I am descended from both Richard, the second child, and Mary, the third child, due to the marriage of second cousins. Mary Bithell (nee Carn) died and was buried at Hawarden in 1818. Richard (b.1786) moved to Chester and married again in 1820 to Catherine Forghram. He died in 1834 and was buried at Hawarden. His son, Richard (b.1796) married Mary Jones at Hawarden in 1820. The couple moved to Chester where their son William was born in 1821. Mary Bithell (nee Jones) died in 1824. I'm not certain what happened to Richard (b.1796) after that. Suggestions that he fell foul of the law are interesting. William Bithell (b.1821) married Ann Worrall (b.1824) in 1840. According to the entry, he of full age and she 18 years of age. Actually he was 19 years and she was 16 years of age and pregnant. William and Ann went on to have many more children. He died in 1884 and she in 1886.
Hope to have answered a few questions. Interested in any more questions or any more information.
Ray

Offline Raybistre

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 05 May 15 19:16 BST (UK) »
Whoops - Noticed a typo in my post above, line 5.
Richard (b.1786) moved to Chester...........
Correction is
Richard (b.1768) moved to Chester...........

Sorry
Ray

Offline Cheshiregirl2023

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 01 February 23 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I realise this thread is fairly old. I have been doing a fair bit of research on Richard Bithell and his prison records so if anyone is interested let me know.

Offline Raybistre

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 03 February 23 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cheshiregirl2023, I've done some research on Richard Bithell's criminal career, if one can call it that. Very interested in anything you have found. Are you related to Richard?
Ray

Offline Cheshiregirl2023

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 03 February 23 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ray.
Richard is my 4xGreat Granddad. I'm descended from him through his son William, then his son Henry. Are you related to Richard too?