Author Topic: Ancstry. Passenger List Lookup Please  (Read 4441 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Ancstry. Passenger List Lookup Please
« on: Monday 05 January 09 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

I have found a reference to a Sarah A Pell on the Canadian Passenger Lists on Anctry.,  but as I only have UK membership I cannot see the full details.  Can someone with full Anc.  membership kindly look up the details for me?

Thanks in advance

Caroline
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancstry. Passenger List Lookup Please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 January 09 14:29 GMT (UK) »
ame:     Sarah A Pell

Estimated Birth Year:    abt 1862
Date of Arrival:    1867
Port of Arrival:    Quebec .first one!!!
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 January 09 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Sarah A Pell

Estimated Birth Year:    abt 1840
Date of Arrival:    9 Oct 1873
Vessel:    Thames
 Arrival:    Quebec and Montreal, Quebec
 Departure:    London, England  Which one is yours?
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 January 09 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hepburn

Thanks so much for this, but sadly neither of them are mine.  :(

This woman keeps doing a disappearing act.   I can find her in 1871 when she was Sarah Annie Braid...she disappears in 1881, reappears and marries in 1883 to become Sarah Annie Pell, has a child in 1887 and then disappears again.  Her child has gone to live with gran in 1891 and her husband is living with someone else but I can't find a death record for her to explain her disappearance after 1887.   I thought I'd struck it lucky with the Canadian passenger list but no...

Looks like she ran off with the milkman and changed her name!  :o

I really appreciated you taking the time out to look this up for me, many thanks!

Regards
Caroline
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 January 09 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazza

where was she born and when,  and who did she marry  ???

regards
ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 January 09 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ricky

Born Sarah Annie Braid, Abt 1862 in Brighton, Sussex. 

Marries Walter William Pell (born 1858 in Brighton) in 1883.   They have a daughter Edith Louise Maud Pell born 1887. 

Found Walter  in 1881 but can't find Sarah Braid in 1881;

Walter in 1891 is now living with Alice but there's a mistake and he is listed as Walter Bell (occupation and ages match for Walter Pell in 1881).

Edith Pell is living with her grandmother Sarah Braid Snr in 1891 and 1901.

In 1901 Alice that was with Walter in 1891 is now living with Richard Wilkinson and Walter has disappeared and I can't find a likely death or record for Walter in 1901.

I'm quite positive that all the above records are matching as I have certs. and all details match perfectly.   What I'm trying to find out is whether Sarah was alive when Walter went to live with Alice and then, was Walter alive when Alice went to live with Richard Wilkinson!! :o :o

From the looks of things Walter/Alice never married and neither did Richard/Alice.

Here's the kicker though, Alice first appears on the scene in 1871 when Walter was boarding with her and her Aunty Henrietta Brown.   

It could be that if Sarah didn't die, then Walter might have run off with his childhood friend, who later ditched Walter in favour of Richard!   :D :D :D

So basically apart from trying to find Sarah in 1881, I'm trying to establish what happened to Sarah pre 1891 and Walter pre 1901.

Cheers
Caroline

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 January 09 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazza

Any chance that she died as Annie Pell in 1888 Brighton born 1862 ish

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 January 09 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazza

a possible death for W Pell

William W Pell

born 1857 ish
died 1912
aged 55
Brighton
Sussex

vol 2b
page 227

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 05 January 09 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazza

I couldnt see any William W Pell's born 1858 ish for Sussex, only the one for Walter William Pell

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)