Author Topic: Private William TAYLOR'S widow ***COMPLETED***  (Read 6984 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Private William TAYLOR'S widow
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 April 09 12:52 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 April 09 03:06 BST (UK) »
I am happy to do look-ups at the National Library who hold many Australian newspapers.  Problem is I need at least the month of any notice as it is too difficult to go through a whole year.

The Melbourne Herald-Sun is always worth checking out for death notices in Victoria - it seems to be the most popular (if you know what I mean!).

If you can find the month for her - or the actual date let me know.  I usually go to the Library about once a week.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 24 April 09 12:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your offer to do a look up for me. I'm hoping to find Jane's final resting place. If I'm lucky enough to find out her date of death I'll take you up on your kind offer.
Regards
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 24 April 09 13:37 BST (UK) »
Her place of burial will be on her death cert.

You can purchase online and immediately download [AUD$17.50]
https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/index-search?action=purchaseImage

Cheers
Cando

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 24 April 09 20:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks cando,I went on that site to order the certificate but as I do n't have a credit card it'll have to wait until I get my sister to use her card!
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline regross

• RIP 16th November 2012
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • paper doll fashionista
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 25 April 09 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hi again Flst,

I was trying to think about where Margaret Jane Taylor may have been buried and I rememberd that in 1968 a family friend died in Camperdown in South Western Victoria (he lived there) but the service and cremation were in the Altona Memorial Park in the western suburbs of Melbourne.

http://www.altonamemorialpark.com.au/

Camperdown is much further from Altona than is Bendigo so I thought it might be worth having a look at heir records. I have searched their site befoe and had emial contac about one grave and they have been very helpful.

They had a great search facility and I went to check today and the site is being "renovated".

It is worth checking back as this may be one avenue to find where she was interred.

regards

Robyn
The following families and their Australian decendents:
Abbott, Barnard, Clarke, Inward, Lanfear, Rutter,Spencer:Middlesex
Greenaway:Cornwall
Edney, Godwin/Goodwin, Gullett:Hampshire;
Gullett:Devon
Emms:39th Regiment of Foot 1810-1832
Gordon:Scotland
Arnold, Morton:Ireland
Davies:Wales
Olcorn:Cumberland
Osborne:Staffordshire
Harrington:Kent
&
Gross: Tullau Wurtmemburg Germany

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 10 May 09 21:45 BST (UK) »
Good news,I have managed to get a copy death certificate which states that Jane died on 13th July 1980 & was buried, on the 15th,in Bendigo Cemetery. I have searched the database but her name's not on it.I have sent an email & await their reply.As a matter of interest,Jane was 86 when she died.She married William when she was 22 & they didn't have any children.It's the end of the line.Jane's father,Sydney James Payne was a miner & her mother was Margaret Payne nee Linane.
Judith, I appreciate your offer to look up the newspapers for me.Hopefully this information will help you find the notice,if any,in the paper.
flst

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 10 May 09 22:32 BST (UK) »
Pleased you have her death cert.

I suggested that you contact the Bendigo Cemetery in reply#3. They will ask their volunteers to search for a burial record as not all burial records are on their database.  This may take some time however.  I have been in contact with the Cemetery Trust previously.

I suggest you follow up with a request to the Bendigo Library - link in reply#9.  They may be willing to search for a death/funeral notice or advise you where the archived local newspapers are located.

Cheers
Cando

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 10 May 09 23:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks cando.It's the cemetery trust that I've emailed.
Regarding the library, I have now sent them an email requesting a look up in their local papers. I have also accepted Judith's kind offer to do a look up at the National Library.
flst