Author Topic: johann wilhelm bongartz  (Read 2134 times)

Offline essexgg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
johann wilhelm bongartz
« on: Monday 28 December 09 17:39 GMT (UK) »
On my grandfathers death certificate its got his name as Carl Henry bongartz other wise Johann Wilhelm Bongartz one is not like the other. This person is from Luebeck also in Germany same birthdate ,born January or February 1886. Father Henry,mother Johanna,sister Christine she is 2 years younger than him. do know the father son and sister were hairdressers when grew up. Please can anyone help in this matter, because i wish to purchase birth certificate and wish to know which name to order under.
                              Many thanks
                                Alison Sinclair

on death certificate this is what it says:-
died twenty 3rd November 1953, name and surname Carl Henry Bongartz otherwise Johann Wilhelm Bongartz 67yrs retired master hairdresser. died from heart failure and chronic myocarditis registered on 24th November

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
Re: johann wilhelm bongartz
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 05:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alison,

to order his Birth Certificate you have to use his German name - Johann Wilhelm Bongartz.

Regards, Peonie

Offline essexgg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Dear peonie
Many thanks for your kind help, i don't suppose you know how much it is to purchase a birth certificate. As i live in Brisbane Australia, and i have to work out how much it is in aussie dollars. Once again many thanks for your kind help
                               Alison Sinclair

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 22:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison,

birth certificates are 10 Euros plus postage if you know the exact date and then plus 30 Euros or more, depending how long they have to search.

You could try and send an email first and ask.     standesamt (at) luebeck.de

Good luck, peonie

which side of Brisbane do you live?

Offline essexgg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 December 09 02:57 GMT (UK) »
Dear Peonie,
Many thanks for your help. I am on the northside of Brisbane Aussie, place called REDCLIFFE i have the beach at the bottom of my road and also the barbaques which are all undercover from the sun. And there's a footpath and cycle path all around the front of the beach for pedestrians, and the local heated swimming pool is 2 streets over from mine and the Redcliffe lagoon is about 5 mins drive from me. It's all lit up at night and the water is beautiful nice and warm from during the day and in the lagoon there small islands with palm trees in absolutely lovely. We have bus stops at the top and bottom of our road and the shops are within 5mins drive from here, and the main shopping centre is about 29 mins around the houses by bus but by car its about 8 mins. The hospital is about 5 mins and we have the local horse trots down the bottom of the street, so we have everything at our finger tips. Yes i do know his birthdate its in the january of 1886. Anyway many thanks and a happy new year to you, by the way are you male or female i am female. Take care
                                 Alison

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 December 09 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison,

have sent you a pm

Regards, Peonie

Offline essexgg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: henry bongartz
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 December 09 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Dear Inge
Was wondering if you could find out for me please when my grandfather's dad died, i do know for a fact on the 1901 census it says they are living at totenfields believe westminster. My grandfather was 14yrs old and his sister Christine was 12yrs old and there was his his father Henry last name spelt german way Bonkartz (English spelling would be Bongartz) his mothers name was Johanna, fathers occupation was hairdresser and where it says where born its got Luebeck german.
Someone found for me and it works in with Christine's age that she married in 1927 and her husband was a hairdresser also and they went to toronto Canada and her mother went with them. Was wondering what happend to her father. I also know they were not on the 1891 census so must have gone to England well after, and know my grandfather was born in January of 1886 and he died in November 1953. When Christine went to toronto her mother went with her but there was no mention of his father, grandfather never spoke of his father and funny nor did my uncle charlie his first born son.
                              Anyway have a great evening
                                     Take care
                                   Alison. i would be most gratefull
if you could help me find this information.

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 31 December 09 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alison,

here are the details of Henry's death.

Henry, b. about 1828 died Jul/Aug/Sep Q 1880 age 52, in Westminster  Vol 1a Page 327

Hope that helps, take care.

peonie

Offline essexgg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 31 December 09 13:05 GMT (UK) »
inge
Karls father was still alive on the 1901 cencurs as head of the family he was 40 and johanna was 34. By reckoning his father henry was born in 1861 and it was tothill fields. Have a look at the 1901 cencurs. The english one they were at 9 churston street believe. wonder if that was karls grandfather. And that information was that from luebeck also.
Alison