Author Topic: Help please.  (Read 6770 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 January 10 18:16 GMT (UK) »
BTW were my answers any use to anyone.  As there were no further replies I wonder if I was on the right track :-\

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline maidofkent50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 05 March 17 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Just joined as came across this thread whilst researching my family tree.

Thanks for all the info Kerry.

What you say ties in with what I concluded about Mary French's father. I too have direct line ancestors in William Eastwood who married Ann Monk.

I initially had Mary's father down as Stephen French of Chiddingly (as others on Ancestry) but on further research I found another two more likely contenders as you did.

1. Mary French bapt 16 Feb 1650/51 Heathfield Father Richard
2. Mary French bapt 1 Feb 1651 Warbleton Father Robert

Am still undecided without further research as to which father is right. Warbleton is not far from Heathfield so until I delve deeper........

I also found the Chiddingly Church records and memorial slab for Mary French, daughter of Stephen French and Susannah Foster, and the note on the website above the memorial words said she was unmarried.

This has been bugging me for 5 years so its great to have found this info here!

Gill
Waterhouse, Piper, French, Pellatt, Eastwood, Monk, Bourne, Pratt, Leper

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Glad to have been of help Gill.

I can feel a refresh coming on, as I haven't touched this family for a number of years either.   ;D

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 16 March 17 18:54 GMT (UK) »
BTW were my answers any use to anyone.  As there were no further replies I wonder if I was on the right track :-\

Kerry

Belated thanks Kerry and apologies from 2010  :o was it that long ago!

Link to the John Vigar/ Eastwood conversation http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=259641.90 in case anyone is interested.

I've had another look at the conundrum that is the Messrs'  John Eastwood and using the SFHG database have come up with the following

1704 - John Eastwood (1) married to Ann Piper 

c1679 - John’s birth

1728/29 a John Eastwood is in Mayfield, a tenant of Thomas Sands gent.

1743 – John Snr. died

1706 – Birth of son John

1726 – John marries K(C)atherine Pearle or Earle

1744 – A John Pearle son of William Pearle is apprenticed to John Eastwood Carpenter of Mayfield

John and Catherine seemingly have no more children after 1739

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1712 – John Eastwood baptised Mayfield to parents Jeames (sic) Eastwood and Sarah

1700? - No marriage found for Jeames and Sarah – their first child baptised in Mayfield, 1703, so a marriage date of 1700 or thereabouts?.  Birth year for Jeames c1675 – could he be John Eastwoods (1) brother?

It looks as though the Eastwoods came to Mayfield prior to 1700 but where did they come from?
The earliest baptisms seem to be the children of this Jeames and Sarah from 1703 onwards…

1739 – John Eastwood married Elizabeth Pett in Withyham.  Parents of ‘my’ Susannah who married Thomas Nailard.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

1700 – Earliest burial of an Unknown Eastwood, wife of John

1702 – burial of John Eastwood senior

Are these the parents of the above Jeames and John (1) ?

If anyone has any information to add or subtract all donations gratefully received  ;D

All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins