Author Topic: Logan family - East Lothian  (Read 11696 times)

Offline Magian

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Logan family - East Lothian
« Reply #27 on: Monday 15 February 10 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Monica

At the meoment I don't know!
I think that I will try to trace forward from David's children with Helen Bryson - there were at least 6. My father was evecuated to East Lothian during WWII so I know there are still Logan's in the area.

I'm not giving up just yet (although I somethimes feel like it).

Cheers
Magian

Offline lenna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 11 November 21 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I have been researching my father's family for around five years. His great great grandfather was James Logan who died 11 July 1858 @ 11 Millerston, Paisley, age 68. He was married to Jean Bolton - born Ireland (1809-1858). His grandfather-father was Alexander born 1855, however I can find no trace of his birth certificate in Scotland, likewise for his siblings Charlotte/Charlet, James, David, and Mary (all shown on 1851 census in Paisley). I thought perhaps, they were all born during his army service or in Ireland. As to the mystery of the Logan's in East Linton, I have always known there were cousins there and have inherited photos taken there. I visited the grave of David Logan/Helen Bryson yesterday, and I believe from his birth cert, that his mother may have been a mistress of James Logan, and why there is no mother mentioned on his death cert.  As to who Margaret Sommerville was, it's mystery? Happy to dig around even more into this Logan family.

Lenna.

Offline LauraWelch

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 February 23 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I've just registered today, as I've just began my search for my husband's family, but a lot of the names here and dates seem to match up with a picture we've got here in the house. 

I've got "The James Logan family emigrated in 1923"

James (Sr) married Williamina Millerknox
They had 4 children-- David, William, Jean, and James (Jr.), who is the only one listed on the picture as married, to Elizabeth Wakefield;

The picture I have is of the Logan's-- names listed are:

John, Alexander, David, William, Thomas, Margaret, David, Helen Bryson Logan, James, and Helen

Says on the bottom "Logan Family of East Linton-- Scotland, circa 1900".

Same?

Offline lenna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 24 May 23 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I think your Logan family is the same as mine. James Logan 1877-1933) was the son of David Logan,who was my great grandfather (Alexander's) brother. I have been to East Linton (Prestonkirk), and visited David's grave. Can't seem to trace the Logan family back any further than his father, James (1870-1858). Happy to help with info if I can.

Regards,
lenna