Author Topic: Pleasance High, Gaywood, babtism request Completed  (Read 11698 times)

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasance High, Gaywood, babtism request
« Reply #45 on: Monday 14 June 10 21:40 BST (UK) »
MJR
       Thank you Mik, you seem to covered all the likely places. Hopefully something may turn up one day as more records are transcribed onto freeREG. I understand that records are continually being added from the parish records.
     I am deeply indebted to you for the names that you have found and also those that you have confirmed. Many Thanks for your efforts.
Wyanga     
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar

Offline MJR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 20:46 BST (UK) »
Wyanga.  I sat down and looked through the John Hye/High details, still no concrete evidence that they are different people, all the evidence points to them being the same, and your reasoning, re occupation, does stand up. I went back to the start and the Gaywood PRs, they still left me feeling he was one person. I got some more info: -
 burials,.  8/05/1845 John High or Hye age 21; 11/10/1845 Sarah Ann High age infant; 17/01/1848 Louisa High age 2; 12/09/1850 Henry High age 89; 27/04/1856  John Hye age 62. I can only assume that Sarah and Louisa are daughters of Henry?????
One other baptism I found is: - 19/11/1843 Mary Ann Copeman d/o Pleasance Copeman. Good Luck with your research, I will check up any dates you need in the future.  MIK.

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 23:12 BST (UK) »
MJR
 I agree those burials for Sarah Ann and Louisa would appear to be children for Henry and Sussanah. The age of 62 for John Hye at burial seem to indicate a birth about 1894 and we have a baptism for him of 20 Nov 1796.  Quite possible depending on his age at baptism and how accurate his given age at death was.
  The baptism for Mary Ann Copeman is interesting. I have her as Holmes as the baptism of 19/11/1843 is after the marriage of Pleasance and Robert Holmes 11 Feb 1843 but the notation, dau of Pleasance Copeman, may indicate that she was born before the marriage  ???
  The John Hye aged 21, I have as the son of John Hye and Ann Hewing, b abt 1824, but we did not find a baptism date for him.
  Once again thank you Mik for all the details. You have exhausted my queries on Gaywood
for now. I will get back to you if I have any more.
  Wyanga
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 23 June 10 06:54 BST (UK) »
MJR
 I have found a baptism on FreeReg for Henry High, 3 Feb 1771, at Little Massingham.
 Would it be possible for this to be the Henry High at Mint Lynn ?
 The birthdate is about right, but I don't know what distance is involved between the two places.
  The High children were baptised at Gaywood , this was possibly after the Parish church at Mint lynn was discontinued. Did any parish records for Mint Lynn survive ?
Wyanga

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 24 June 10 08:25 BST (UK) »
MJR
         I don't think that there is any point in pursueing this Henry High. There is nothing to connect him to the Highs of Gaywood except his birth date which may be just a coincidence. I found the Little Massingham parish records in familysearch/Norfolk records and there is only the one High family. A William and Elizabeth had 6 children between 1765 and 1772 then the William died in 1773 aged 48.
 :-\
 Wyanga