Author Topic: Pleasance High, Gaywood, babtism request Completed  (Read 11699 times)

Offline The Yokel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasance High, Gaywood, babtism request
« Reply #18 on: Friday 28 May 10 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hi wyanga

The Norfolk Marriage Index confirms John Hye and Ann Hewing married 25 Aug 1814 in Gaywood.

yokel

NMI:- http://www.norfolkfhs.org.uk/sales/marriageindex.htm

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 May 10 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Yokel
                  Thank you for the confirmation of the marriage of John Hye and Ann Hewing.
         Hye and High could very well have been interchangable. Would there have been any
marriages recorded for High in Gaywood for that period  ( about 1814 ) ?
   Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 May 10 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi to all my helpers.
 Problem solved
 In the 1841 census  Pleasance Copeman (now widowed) is living in the same house as John Hye together with her siblings. John Hye's wife is not present so he is also most likely a widower. Residence  1 Victoria Place, Gaywood.
  I think that it is safe to assume that Pleasance High is actually Pleasance Hye    ???
Wyanga
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 May 10 06:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Wyanga,
Sorry for some reason I did not get notification that there were more replies to this topic ???

Back later but I think you may have nailed it. :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 29 May 10 07:15 BST (UK) »
I had posted this earlier in the thread but you needed to Marriage Cert to confirm what I suspected :)

"I just noticed next door neighbour of Pleasance Copeman in 1841 Census is John HYE Age 45 and family."

Well done and with the help from Ruskie all is going well.

I would also expect that John Hye/High is the Son of John and Christiana that named a daughter Pleasance in 1784 Heigham, Norfolk.
There is a submitted record again!
John HIGH
Christiana CARR, 26 December 1780, St Michaels at Thorn, Norwich, Norfolk

Extracted Records;
John HIGH, Christened 14 October 1781, Heigham, Norfolk ( may have died)
John HIGH, Christened 29 August 1784
Pleasant Ann HIGH, 29 August 1784
Parents JOHN and CHRISTIANA

Now the only problem is that the age of John from the 1841 census is 10yrs out!
I will see if I can find him in 1851 to see if all this adds up.

EDIT; Unfortunately NOT;
John HYE is still in Gaywood in 1851, a widower, born c 1795, St Germans, Norfolk.
HO107/1828/504/17

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 May 10 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,
             Good to see you back again Trish and that you found my solution. I had also found the John Hye widower, still in Gaywood in 1851, but I havn't had any luck with his birth at St Germans in 1795.
      I have come across several  "Pleasance" in my searches so the name seems to be prevalent in Norfolk at that period. There is one in the Dye family that I have traced back from Robert Copeman. His mother was Mary Ann Dye.
      Interestingly when I went back to the 1841 census and Pleasance Copeman I also found Robert Holmes living a couple of houses away with his Father and Mother, Robert Holmes and Jemima, and Robert was a ' fellmonger ' so another part of the puzzle solved.
 Wyanga   

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 29 May 10 10:11 BST (UK) »
Excellent ;D

Offline MJR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 May 10 16:44 BST (UK) »
Wyanga. I have just seen your post and many replies. I cannot add anything yet, I need to correlate all the info, but once done so I will pop into the library to see what is there. Two points though: 1.  St. Faith's is the Parish Church of Gaywood, King's Lynn, Norfolk. 2. If you google   Familysearch/record search,    open and select Browse, then select Europe, then scroll down to UK, and you will find Norfolk Parish Registers, select. You can then look at films of the original PRs; (Not all are there) you have to go through page by page to find what you want. If you select Coltishall, near Norwich, marriages 1785 book, on page 22 (put marker on page square, backspace, 22, enter it should take you straight there.) you will find the details of Thomas King and Ann Woolnough. I'll come back in not too distant future. MIK.

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 31 May 10 23:16 BST (UK) »
MJR
       Thank you for that link to familysearch. I have been able to find the Thomas King- Ann Woolnough marriage.  Unfortunately the baptism register doesn't go back far enough to capture their christenings in the 1750's.
       Another searching tool  to use, thank you MJR
Wyanga