Author Topic: Ellen Elena BUTLER  (Read 12580 times)

Offline Rockbourne38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Elena BUTLER
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 02 June 10 10:04 BST (UK) »
We knew most of what you have said, and we do have lots of stuff on all of the children of John James and Ellen nee Butler, but we did not know he left England as Shufflebotham, as his baptism is shown as Shufflebottom, as his name on the list of convicts on the ship Morley, so not sure how we could have missed that.  We are aware of the son George that Ellen had 22 months after Curly died, and have had a copy of the report from the newspaper about the search for him when he was missing, and also copies of the statements made by his family to the police, for the inquest into his death.  What we do not have is a birth certificate for him, nor a death certificate, and would appreciate copies if somebody has them, because we find our pension does not stretch very far when paying the cost of certificates.  We have mentioned Mace, because Tom Mace is a cousin of mine, and he did mention he would be talking to you.  It is likely that we have most of what you have, but there are lots of dates missing from the records of the descendants of those children of John and Ellen who kept the name of Stevens, but we have loads on Harriett who married Albert Phillips, because that is the stuff we have been researching for about 40 years and I had the advantage of being able to talk to and listen to the stories about the familly from my grandpa and his brothers and sisters while they were still alive, and told me the stories because I showed interest.
would appreciate any copies of certificates you would be willing to share, and Tom can give you my email address, my grandpa was Francis Phillips and his wife was Emily nee Basing, they married at Hillgrove on 1st May 1907 and we recently sent Tom a copy of their marriage certificate.
Shufflebottom, Phillips, Stevens, Basing, Vincent, Mowles, Stone, Cribb, Peareth, Davison, Fry, Wise, Peareth, Davison, Lowman

Offline Rockbourne38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 26 June 11 22:31 BST (UK) »
For all those researching the family of John James Shufflebottom and his wife Ellen nee Butler, we have now found the church in Ireland in which she was baptised and have obtained from them a copy of the entry of her baptism in that church and also a record of the baptism of her mother Johanna nee Barry, and in addition we have a record of the three children born to her father Garrett and his first wife prior to his marriage to Johanna nee Barry. If interested in details or copies, contact me and I am happy to share and provide copies of the above records to family members.
Shufflebottom, Phillips, Stevens, Basing, Vincent, Mowles, Stone, Cribb, Peareth, Davison, Fry, Wise, Peareth, Davison, Lowman

Offline foeromeo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 06 August 11 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hello, I'm very interested in what you've discovered about Ellen Butler. Her daughter Harriet Stevens was my great, great grandmother.

Offline whatmough

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 12:15 BST (UK) »
John James Shufflebottom and Ellen Butler were my 3rd great grandparents. I would appreciate any information on their life before arriving in Australia. With Thanks