Author Topic: Re: DIAMOND  (Read 46153 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: DIAMOND
« Reply #189 on: Sunday 17 October 10 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hello Kieran.

Apologises, cleaning out my messages and came across this one 6 th October that slipped the net.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for all your help and sending the message to Elizabeth.  Yes the other tree is correct also

Could you find the obituary notice for my cousin Patrick Haggerty died April 19, 1959?  He may have lived in NY or California.

Apparently one fo the Haggertys were possibly married to one of the Diamonds.

Thanks for all your help as always you are a star

Kieran

The California Death Index includes 1940 - 1997 but I cannot see Patrick Haggerty listed in 19 April 1959. Its also just a little to early for the SSDI Index I'm afraid.
There is a Patrick Francis Haggerty who died  Jan 1959 Florida who was a resident of Windham. Connecticut born 1898.

Sorry I am unable to find the marriage entry for Bridget Agnes Hanna 28 Dec 1925 New York. You have quite a few mysteries in New York and I wondered if this information might assist you.

The best location in The New York Public Library for historical and genealogical research is the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building Irma and Paul Milstein Division of United States History, Local History and Genealogy (http://www.nypl.org/locations/schwarzman/milstein-division-us-history-local-history-genealogy), 476 5th Ave. and 42nd St., Rm. 121.

Contact information, including e-mail address, for the Genealogy Division is as follows:

First Floor, Room 121
Phone: (212) 930-0828
E-mail: histref@nypl.org

Regards
Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Sunday 17 October 10 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Kieran,

Profound apologises, found another one on the 8th October but I am sure you will understand that was my horribilis "period" if you remember.

Hi Sandra,

As always you find me the information to help me complete more research.  Can you find a obituary notice for my cousin Patrick Haggerty died April 19, 1959.
Also can you find out where Catherine McQuade 1876 - 20 March 1943 was buried?  Did she remarry after James McGuigan died on the 1st August 1919.

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Think I have explained about cousin Patrick. Catherine was not recorded as having married again, the index only goes to 1937 at the moment but the death record in 1943 was still showing her as Catherine McGuigan. If I remember correctly we did find many Mcguigans through Interment records for Calcary Cemetery. (Reply 109)Have you tried contacting the Cemetery about that one ?  Could be a good possibility she was also buried there.

Hope I am up to date with you now.
Sandra  ;)

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Thursday 18 November 10 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

I hope all is well and eas wondering if you can find me anything on the following family:

Mary McGuigan (James McGuigan) sister married Dennis Haggerty and their children were:
Patrick Haggerty
Catherine
Mary
Bernard(d. 1957 and wife Grace Redmond- Haggerty (d. 1992) buried at the Holy Cross Cemetery, CA. 
Rose (nun)
His brother Patrick J. Haggerty and wife Gertrude are buried at Long Island National Cemetery but I don't know when they died?

I would be very grateful of any help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Thursday 18 November 10 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

Yes, thank you - all getting sorted now.

This must be the family we looking at - so I'll pop this here - more for my benefit than yours so that I can refresh my memory and see what can be found.

1920 - Dennis and Mary living in Manhattan Assembly District 20, New York, New York.

Children all born New York

Dennis Haggerty 56 Born Ireland. Immigrated 1882. NA 1890. Watchman at photo-studio
Mary Haggerty 48 Born Ireland. Immigrated 1889. NA 1890
Patrick Haggerty 26 Born Sept 1893. Clerk in brokers office.
Catherine Haggerty 25 Born May 1894 Operator. Childrens xxx  ???
Mary Haggerty 21 Born Jan 1898. Operator Corset Factory
Bernard Haggerty 19 Clerk in Brokers Office.
Rose Haggerty 17 Operator Telephone Co

1910 shows an extra son Michael Haggerty aged 17 years. Born April 1891 (Office Boy for Insurance Company)  It also says Mary had 8 children and 6 survive -

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Thursday 18 November 10 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Michael Haggerty was born April 1891. There is a WW1 Draft for Michael J Haggerty. Single. Manhattan born 21 April 1891 living at 413 E122 NY. Occupation Clerk. Wilcox & xxxxx  3 South William.

WW2 Draft Michael James Haggerty Born 21 st April 1892. Born New York City. Residence 141 St Marks Road. New Brighton. S1. Has a wife called Anna. Employers Name:- Larsen Baking Co. Could be Clorr Road S1  ???

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Thursday 18 November 10 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Michael with wife Anna and children living in Richmond, New York in 1930

Michael J Haggerty 37 Married at 27 years. Adjuster. Insurance
Anna Haggerty 34 Born NY. Married at 24 years
Dorothy Haggerty 9 Born NY.
Elaine Haggerty 6 Born NY

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: Thursday 18 November 10 23:10 GMT (UK) »
New York Passenger List shows Elaine Haggerty. Born 1923 New York. Aged 29 years. Travelling Bermusa to New York arriving 28 Nov 1952 on  Ship Named - Queen of Bermuda. Her address is 141 St Marks Place. Staten Island. New York.
(Same as the WW2 Draft for Michael - roughly)

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Friday 19 November 10 00:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks again for all your help.  As always you find information could you please send me any copies of the information that you found. I have been told that my grandfathers sister Annie McKernan nee O'Halloran may have been living somewhere near the America Canadian boarder.  I haven't a clue where that would be.  Have you any ideas?  I would love to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for all your help as always

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: Friday 19 November 10 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kieran,

Sorry have'nt got a clue where that could be - the American/Canadian border is the longest in the world.  Need to re-read this thread to find out about Annie.

Regards
Sandra