Author Topic: Re: DIAMOND  (Read 46149 times)

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DIAMOND
« Reply #207 on: Sunday 13 February 11 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Can you delete this post as I have found the family all died early in Magherafelt Ireland apart from Adam and Hugh.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Sunday 13 February 11 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

Pleased you found your family. Sorry I can't delete your post - you need the expertise of shellyesq for that.

Think we are completed on the Diamonds though.

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Monday 14 February 11 01:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for all your help.  I have another connection with the Diamonds remember Helen was married Henry / Harry Bradley.  Well he had three nephews I think one was called Jerry McOscar who lived in Philadelphia?  I have't got a clue what age he would be.

Anyway of getting his email address so that I can contact him?

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: Monday 14 February 11 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

Sorry this is another likely living person - you could try white pages, people finder and facebook to see if you can locate entries in Philadelphia.   Perhaps he goes under Gerald.

All the best
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Thursday 17 February 11 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks as always for your help. 

I have located someone with the name and  have e-mailed them.  Back to the Diamonds Annie Diamond married Mullholland and had two sons James and Patrick.  Patricks wife died in May / June 1974 as my aunt has found a letter saying so.

Also is there any chance of finding out where Ann Martel married John Diamond born 1931 died 2003 is buried maybe in Connecticut Cheshire. 

Ann DIAMOND   
Birth Date: 10 Aug 1931 
Death Date: 10 Sep 2003     
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued:  Vermont

His sister Gerry married Samuel Crowley died 2002

Is this him

Birth Date: 18 Apr 1927 
Death Date: 28 Jun 2002 
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued:  California.  Do you know where he is buried

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Thursday 17 February 11 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

There is an RAOGK Volunteer in New Haven Connecticut who will do research on vital records and obituaries for Hamden, New Haven, North Haven and Wallingford. Also, pictures of cemetery stones in the same cities and towns.
Perhaps if you e-mail the volunteer and she could find the Obituary, it might say which funeral home or where Ann was buried. First on the list for New Haven on the link below.

http://www.raogk.org/connecti.htm

John P. Diamond. Born about 1932 and aged 22 years (Mothers Name Bridget Cahallan and Father John) Married Ann Martel born about 1931 and aged 23 years (Mothers Maiden Name Marie Lawrence and Father J Armand Martel)) 25 September 1954 Ludlow. Windsor. Vermont.
John P Diamond lived at 8 Pine Street. Mt Kisco. New York.
Ann Marie Martel lived at 8 Pleassant Street. Ludlow. Vermont.

Would need more info on the Mulholland family.

Regards
Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Thursday 17 February 11 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kieran,

There is a RAOGK Volunteer in Tehama. California who will do Obituary look ups.
Perhaps if you can locate the Obituary - it may give the information of where he is buried. First on the list of the link below.

Sam S. Crowley. Born 18 April 1927 and Died 28 June 2002
Last Residence: 96080  Red Bluff, Tehama, California,.
SSN issued: California (Before 1951)

http://www.raogk.org/californ5.htm

Regards
Sandra

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Thursday 17 February 11 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra

Thanks for all your help I have emailed the volunteers like you suggested.  Lets hope they are able to find something.  Would the Mullhollands not come up in the census?

Patrick lived with his wife and her sister.  Annie Diamond Mullholland was born in Scotland on the 17th November 1884.   Her parents were Patrick Diamond and Susan McGuigan.
Would there be a passport application for her?

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Thursday 17 February 11 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

I am really hoping that this information might bring some clues to find Annie McKernan and she is listed as a seamstress

She is in the 1901 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Draperstown/Drumderg/1543945/

but not in the 1911 so must have left Ireland between 1901 and 1911.  She was maybe marriedto O'Halloran but not sure of this.  My aunties remember there father saying that she was nearly on the Titanic so that would be around 1910 - 1911.

I would love to find a link on her as there would probably be family relations still alive in America.

Thanks for all your help

Kieran