Author Topic: George AH HOY  (Read 19926 times)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George AH HOY
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 11 March 12 06:27 GMT (UK) »
And I don't think many octogenarians dying in Queensland or Victoria in the 1920's,   who were born in those places in the 1840's,   would have put down "New South Wales" on the form, either. 

And if they were actually born in New South Wales,    they probably would have put "Parramatta NSW",  or "Maitland NSW",   or  "Bathurst NSW" on the form.

Eregli_gene it would be hard for anyone who has died to put down anything on their death certificate form.
 :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

And even in 1842, you would need only one male and one female of Chinese origin to produce one child, also of Chinese origin.
 :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 11 March 12 06:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Maybe McGreevy has her information from Genboy

Muss

Offline McGreevy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 11 March 12 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello all

Sue sorry for not replying to your suggestion re marriage cert for George and Ann. I did research it and found the the information was unavailable as they had been married by the Rev. Bailey and some of his records for the year of their marriage are missing. They were married in the Free Church of England and the records are sketchy.

I have received no further information from Genboy and would welcome his input.  Thank you all for your input.

McG
Edward McGreevy of County Down Ireland
 Price,  Charters Towers
Margaret McKee County Tyrone Ireland
Newlands Sydney Wales

Offline gpixie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 15 December 12 17:06 GMT (UK) »

Hi Everyone,

Muss, I believe we are also related as Joseph Dobinson Linsley (Son of John Linsley and Ann Dobinson) is my G G Grandfather. You mentioned earlier that you have copies of John's speeches, newspaper articles etc. Are you able to guide me to where I might find copies of these? Sorry I would PM but don't seem to be able to yet.

Many thanks.

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 15 December 12 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

All newspaper items are in the Newcastle Morning Herald  , maybe soon it will be on Trove.

Muss

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 16 December 12 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I live in Charters Towers so if anyone wants headstone photos just let me know. The Charters Towers Pioneer cemetery is about a 5 minute walk from my place and the Charters Towers Cemetery Lynd Highway is only a few minutes drive so its not a problem if anyone wishes for photos. [Tho there isnt many headstones left standing in the Pioneer Cemetery todate]

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 16 December 12 01:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi giblet,

I have been researching Charters Towers for a couple of years now I have a number of past family members buried there from the 1890s onwards. 

Thanks for the photo offer, I do have some photos from my visit but it is likely that I'll need a couple more for the ones I missed.

Regards
Gerry

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 16 December 12 02:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry,

Just PM me any details when your ready  :)

Offline Val Grant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There are two cemeteries in Charters Towers.  Ann Christina Hoy died of a cerebral vascular accident (stroke).  All of her sons became miners, one of whom became a watchmaker in his early years.  After his brother discovered the Prince of Wales nugget in Charters Towers, he went mining with his father and brothers.  All of the females in the family received a ring with a chunk of the nugget on them and the males all received tie clips with a chunk of gold on them from the nugget. Ann Christina Hoy is actually buried as Annie Christina Hoy.

One of the daughters was also called Ann Christina who married Ioan Price (Pronounced Yawn).  On their marriage certificate, Ioan has been documented as "Joan" Price.  My grandmother was Ioan and Ann Christina's "Tina" daughter.  She has passed a lot of stories and information about her family.
I hope this helps  Val G.
Ogilvie, Davey, Davis, Davidson, Price, Newlands