Author Topic: Fishers in Cheshire/Dublin  (Read 6428 times)

Offline simonbmr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fishers in Cheshire/Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stew

Thanks for all your help.

I have a copy of Robert Fisher's death certificate, and a copy of the marriage certificate of Robert and Hilda if you would like me to scan and send them to you let me know.

Could you elaborate on your mother's father being Robert's half brother?  Who was the shared parent, and do you know anything about the Fishers, or possibly the Williamsons being in London?

Simon
Robinsons of Northwich, Almonds of Chorlton, Fishers of Dublin and Cheshire, Hesketts of Monkwearmouth and Buzzas of Truro

Offline sponsford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Simon,

That would be very kind of you, I don't ever turn away offers of information on my tree!

My mother's father was Arthur William Fisher and he is Robert's brother from Edward William Fisher & Alice.
Alice died between 1889 and 1895, Edward then married Elizabeth Susan Annie Williamson. They married on 11/01/1895 in the City of Dublin Registrary Office.

I don't know anything at the moment about family in London but will see if my uncle has any more information.

Stew
Ponsford/Pounsford/Pounceford in Somerset (Spaxton mainly) and Cardiff

Davies (Pontypridd)
Toogood,Burgess,Horne

Offline simonbmr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 January 11 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stew

Silly question, but how do I send you the images?
Robinsons of Northwich, Almonds of Chorlton, Fishers of Dublin and Cheshire, Hesketts of Monkwearmouth and Buzzas of Truro

Offline sponsford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 January 11 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Simon,

I can't PM you my email address, I notice you have your email in your profile, I will email that address and you can reply to it.

Cheers
Stew

Davies (Pontypridd)
Toogood,Burgess,Horne

Offline johneff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 July 11 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Stew and Simon,

While looking for some family info. I stumbled on this thread and was amazed to see a list of names that are very familiar to me. Greetings from the son of Walter Nesbit Fisher!

To briefly answer Stew's original query:
Charles, Kezzie (Kezia), and Kathleen (Elizabeth) did not marry.
Robert - you know more about than do I.
Walter married and had a son and daughter (my sister and I).
Eva (Evangeline) married and had a son.
Bill (William) married but had no children.
Gordon married and had a son.
And one you missed out:
Barrie (Ethel Barrington Fisher, born Cheshire 1912) married and had 2 sons and a daughter.

They, their spouses, and Eva's son are all gone now. My other cousins I am not sure about.

My grandparents William Edward and Elizabeth Susan Annie died in 1918 and 1951 respectively.

It was a revelation to learn William was a widower when he married Elizabeth in 1895 - there's no hint on the MC. All I know for sure is his father was John M. Fisher, wine merchant, deceased by January 1895. Any other info. I have on his parents and siblings is apocryphal; so I would be grateful for any details you are prepared to provide. Of course, I shall be more than happy to pass on any further information you may want about my branch of the family.

John. 

Fisher (Dublin), Williamson (Co. Tyrone), Lockwood (Fulstone YKS), Poole (Bibury GLS)

Offline sponsford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 July 11 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hello John,

Thanks for making contact it's great to find another member of the family! This web site has so far dug up 3 family members who were looking into their own part of the tree before we discovered each other.

I have passed your message onto my Uncle who is concentrating on the Fisher side and has done a lot of work already. I have been going up my fathers side of the family tree and so far that has been enough for me to handle!

Stew

Davies (Pontypridd)
Toogood,Burgess,Horne

Offline johneff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 11:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the response Stew.

In twenty odd years of spasmodic family research, I have never encountered anyone tracing the same Fishers. Now suddenly, like buses, two come along together. We seem to be a rare breed!

In the pre-internet days I spent a lot of time researching in Dublin; but surviving records were either not then available to the public or were difficult to access - and seldom indexed. Not much was achieved, so I more or less shelved the Fisher research and concentrated on my mother's English line; which was so much easier.
Today there is a host of Irish records available - many on line; so having blown the dust off my Fisher file, I arrived here - and bumped into you and Simon. (He may not have seen my post; so I will take the liberty of contacting him via email.)

Thanks for passing on my message to your uncle. I look forward to making contact with him.

Good luck on researching your father's side of the family.

John.
Fisher (Dublin), Williamson (Co. Tyrone), Lockwood (Fulstone YKS), Poole (Bibury GLS)

Offline benspot

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 06 January 12 00:01 GMT (UK) »
I'm just wondering if you would know if these fishers have any relation to a Nathaniel Fisher from Dublin. He was born about 1861, married an anne(corcaran i think?), had three daughters Catharine, Mary and Annie, and two sons John and James. They lived in drumcondra area?

Offline johneff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 06 January 12 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Looking at Nathaniel's family in the 1901 and 1911 Censuses, I see they were Roman Catholics;
whereas our Fishers were Methodists. Therefore it is extremely unlikely the two families were related. Sorry.

I can confirm that Nathaniel married Anne Corcoran.
From the 1911 Census:
Catherine Corcoran, Mother in Law.
From the Civil Registration Marriage Index:
Nathaniel Fisher . . . Apr-Jun 1888, Dublin North, Volume 2, Page 479.
Anne Corcoran . . . dto.

Good hunting!

John.